You are very welcome

I guess you are not surprised

that’s exactly what I was expecting from Khan :smiley:

@Malkuth
@Hermit
@Azriel

What did you think of the NLP enlightenment activity here:

2 Likes

I did recognize it from zen practice. (The NLP teacher may have recommended it, but it goes back historically a lot farther than NLP.)

Koan work, or cultivation of Great Doubt (considered a beneficial thing). These are ways to utilize the intellect to neutralize itself. By remaining in a state of questioning, the mind is able to transcend its typical narrative-bound tendency. If practiced over time or with enough intensity, the result is a kind of intuitive leap of insight, into a different way of knowing. So-called ‘kensho’. The mind grasps a kind of wholistic, open-ended connection. That can develop into ‘enlightenment’.

Pretty good for just keeping the inner know-it-all in check, eh?

3 Likes

Dude you are so profound! I think you are a :insert Zen master emoji here:

2 Likes

just a student :slight_smile:

That’s more than good enough for me. :slight_smile:

I think you may be one yourself. :pray:t4:

1 Like

Uh-oh… why… what did I do?:blush:

2 Likes

This:

:pray:t4::fireworks:

1 Like

That’s not an NLP technique lol- contemplating something with no need or intent or resolution is a fantastic practice for life and spiritual development. It’s also how answers are received from behind our mind and/or current level of development.

I got the question from a program I did once to ask every day " who am I and what do I want with my life"
and just live into whatever comes up with ease, no trying to figure out how to make any of it happen.

Whenever I’ve done this consistently its adds a fantastic dimension to my life.

3 Likes

yeah,sorry for not making it clear enough…it was a traditional Zen technique…not from NLP…also ,if one wants to reach enlightenment ,through this technique alone might be a bit insufficient…assistances from a Zen master is essential…but the thing is a lot of traditional Zen teachings are lost due to the early Anti Buddhism movement…still,I think this technique has its values on developing introspection and seeing things from multiple perspectives…

1 Like

@GoldenTiger

Another tiger to thank you WhiteTiger…

Thank you for being there to help other people on the forum…

1 Like

:pray: I’m trying my best at the moment, I don’t spend so much time on here because of my studies and my bad organization, but I should have some more time after my session :grin:

I will return the compliment to you, you are such a good presence for everybody on here.

1 Like

So it’s like staying aware of the fact our minds throw at us a load of bullocks all the time, right? I mean that Koan thing is to train us in that matter.

2 Likes

Not exactly. That would still be an intellectual realization. It would be a subtler version of the same problem.

This is more of a physical solution to the cognitive problem.

It’s similar to giving a job to the processing system that is so all-consuming that its ability to dominate your attention eventually gets neutralized.

2 Likes

What does that have to do with what he said? Legit intrigued.

My bad just read what he said. So if I’m getting it straight, even the process of not drawing a conclusion… If drawn under the light of “my mind throws shit at me all the time” is still a different branch of the same tree that limits you?

2 Likes

That Zen thing is full of spontaneous awakenings which are common among people who never meditated. I think that a good moral life can give you a lot of insights meditation will never give you and also may lead you to Awakening and, of course, it facilitates your meditation endeavours. Unfortunately, many people are allergic to the word “morality”, especially “ex-Christians”. We shall see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s the difference between a) knowing that your friend 'does not live in Portugal’ and b) knowing how to get to your friend’s house.

Point A may be true, and if it is true (that your friend does not live in Portugal) then understanding that point is good learning; but the simple act of recognizing that truth will not get you to your friend’s house.

Koan practice is not merely acknowledging the fact that the mind throws false narratives and understandings at us (which is very true). It’s a specific, active practice that engages the strength and energy of the mind in order to arrive at specific experiences.

This is not a typical intellectual idea or conceptual framework. It’s a practice that trains how attention and information processing occur and that trains how they are contextualized. It’s more similar to learning to do gymnastics routines and less similar to reading about the history of gymnastics.

Anyway. In this miraculous world of ours, you can read about it on the Internet and you can probably find videos of experts and masters explaining it to you. This is just what I’ve understood about it so far.

1 Like

Thanks man!

I am wondering what it is like to have The Forge and Fortune’s Favourite in the same custom subliminal.Perhaps such a combination would help one overcome manifested challenges through sheer luck.

2 Likes

That could be. If you do this, please report in.

What would be a good module for allowing one to think under pressure/stress?

1 Like