Request to restrict opening new threads in News and Updates section of the forum

Requesting that the News and Updates section be restricted. That only @SaintSovereign, @Fire, @DarkPhilosopher and @RVconsultant be allowed to open new threads in that section of the forum.

Too many users are posting questions there instead of doing so in the Questions and Comments section.

8 Likes

Not completely their fault. When you create a new topic using the button which is usually on the top right, it will default to the News & Updates section. Many users simply forget to change it.

Although I agree users probably don’t need posting permissions in that section, a more immediate solution could be to simply see if we can set the default section to Questions & Comments. That way, if a user forgets to change it, that is where it ends up.

I believe I have suggested this a while back.

If you should see such threads, feel free to flag them off-topic and RVC or myself will move them over.

And thank you for the suggestion!

3 Likes

That would be an excellent temporary solution.

Please suggest it again. Personally I go to the Questions and Comments section and make a new thread so that it automatically defaults to that section but I understand most users won’t think too much about things like this.

Have been flagging tons of it lol

Welcome!