Replacing mp3 with FLAC?

The wav file that Q produces is about 3gb. Not sure if that’s a good option…

How about allowing users to choose from the different quality and file sizes appropriate to their personal storage capacity?

But that’s only making sense if there’s a difference in efficiency/potency with higher quality audio files, considering the power of our subconscious mind, I doubt that but it is worth experimenting with nonetheless.

Dang 3gb is quite an amount though!

Too much custom programming needed to pull this off. We’ll consider it, but it’ll be low priority.

Is it possible that it decrease the sub quality by compressing it into lossy 320kbps format?

I switched from my old mp3 player to my phone and although my ear didn’t notice any difference in the quality of sound, my subconscious did. Most of us cannot HEAR the difference between FLAC and mp quality but our subconscious probably does.

1 Like

My mp3 player is SanDisk Clip Sport:

The SanDisk Clip Sport offers DECENT sound quality and – as long as you don’t select Europe as your region – masses of volume. … The softer, more diffuse mids of the iPod Classic are a little easier on the ear, and the Clip Sport can sound a little harsh at times.

My phone is Galaxy J2:

Audio output is very clean, decently loud
The Galaxy J2 started off VERY WELL in our audio quality test. When connected to an active external amplifier, the smartphone showed average volume levels and excellently clean output for one of the better showings out there.

Wouldnt that defeat the point of using a lossless format?wouldnt be any better than the current mp3’s

Hmm,i might need to experiment more with this myself. can feel the difference between headphones but havent played around with players that much.my fiio x3 and lg g6 are supposed to be pretty good for sound quality though

My guess is that if lossless formats produced SUCH a big improvement in results that they would have done it by now. Their current projects are likely more efficacious.

You’d be surprised the difference between 192kbps and 320kbps makes in regards to sound quality. It’s not easy to tell unless you can do a side by side comparison on a decent set of speakers but the difference is definitely there.

1 Like

I’ve been using my mp3 player for five years. I’ve been listening to subliminal programs for over five years and I always used my player. I was forced to use my phone since my player fell into the WC :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I had to put it into a bag of rice to dry it for one night and I use my phone instead. I felt my stack was affecting me more if it comes to that feeling of warmth and bliss in my chest, the next day my results were more pronounced too. I’m sticking to my phone now and I definitely can tell the results have improved. On that basis, I concluded the quality of sound matters if it comes to the results even though you cannot hear the difference.

Kindly reconsider your guess. :slight_smile:

I know that.i meant he said to reduce a wav which is minimum 1411kbps to 320kbps.at that point,might as well just use the 320kbps mp3s we already have cause i think the wav sound quality would suck at that point (>_<)

It’s not 320 now, it’s 192. Even though 320 wouldn’t be a massive gain it could cause a slight improvement without the drawback of the massive file size problem of WAV/FLAC

1 Like

Yep,i agree that sound quality seems to matter. Since changing from my bluetooth speaker to the sennheiser 280 pro.dreams and results have been a lot better.just a bit more inconvenient to fit in listening with headphones.(>_<)

1 Like

Ah,alright.didnt know that they werent 320kbps.am curious if would make a difference.ive tried subs on flac before but could never tell if they were working any better(>_<)

Hmm,a sub company i used to use till i found subclub said flac would give a 5% increase in results over mp3.wonder how useful the 5% would be in the long run though

1 Like

I’m using the same headphones now. It seems to me they’re really popular in our club. :heart_eyes:
I noticed an improvement after switching to those headphones too.

Yep they have been pretty popular since saintsovereign recommended them and also said he uses them to master the subs.

Doubtful, we already tested higher quality versus .mp3 and didn’t really observe a difference in results. That being said, we’re open to testing it again, but it’ll be a bit.

2 Likes