REMINDER: On "Moderating Speech"

I’ve received a few PMs regarding some comments made on the forum and concerns about whether we’re going to start “moderating free speech.”

My position remains the same as always and will not change for any reason: This is a neutral forum. Its main purpose is to provide a supportive environment for those using our subliminal titles, providing us feedback that allows us to improve our services, and allowing you to help each other on your personal paths toward growth.

This has always been our goal and we have largely accomplished that goal by limiting debate and arguments on inflammatory topics (i.e. politics). That will not change. The world is currently undergoing a massive crisis of identity and transformation. Regardless of how this ends, SubliminalResults.com is going to remain a neutral observer. There are more suitable places than here to discuss the ills of the world, like Reddit. Here, we focus on positive internal growth and exploration.

@Fire and myself care not who you voted for or where you fall on the political spectrum, or anything like that, as we’ll never ask what your views are and if you start pushing a particular political viewpoint, you’ll be asked to stop. If it continues, you’ll be asked to leave. We simply aren’t going to discuss politics and the such here.

To put it simply: there will be opinions that you don’t like or agree with. That being said, there has always been limits on speech here. We have never allowed blanket statements about any group of people, regardless of gender, age, sexuality, religion, etc. I don’t want to see, “all women are [x],” or “all men are [x],” or whatever. Please don’t lecture me on how this stifles any kind of speech or allows this, or that – we’ve never allowed blanket statements, and those of you who have been here for a long time can attest to that. If you see any offending blanket statements, please flag them so that our moderators can review them.

As we grow – as this industry grows – we will attract more and more people from various walks of life. And that’s a good thing, we love the fact that we have an international audience with people from all around the world and of every type of individual. Through our mutual interest in advancing human potential via subliminal audio, I really believe that we can spark great change in the world. But that requires a place where we can put down our biases and simply talk to each other about a topic (personal growth) without the spectre of divide and conquer hanging over our heads.

So, no we will not change our moderation methods to appease any party, but we are expecting everyone to act in a way that promotes healthy conversation also.

31 Likes