Question on Affirmations & Subliminal's

One of the best techniques I currently use is “I remember when I wasnt a millionaire. My life was hard and I thought I would never do it. Isnt it wonderful, that I now am a millionaire and enjoy all the benefits of the life I always wanded?”

Replace “millionaire” with whatever your objective is.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t really remind myself of something negative. I’m rather [quote=“ExploringAstronaut, post:21, topic:2875, full:true”]
One of the best techniques I currently use is “I remember when I wasnt a millionaire. My life was hard and I thought I would never do it. Isnt it wonderful, that I now am a millionaire and enjoy all the benefits of the life I always wanded?”

Replace “millionaire” with whatever your objective is.
[/quote]

That’s interesting but not really implementable into this subliminal software. Thanks though (:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Malkuth

Would you think affirmations have a more potent effect upon the subconscious when the affirmations are stated in your native language? For me that is Dutch because I am from Belgium. But I’ve been using mostly English affirmations as for now. My intuition would tell me yes, because my subconscious mind has more memory of me using my native language then English. Would you be able to provide your opinion on this, to give me another perception of the situation. Thanks. :smiley:

1 Like

The power of doing this lies in putting the negative into the past, and therefore into the distance.

I dont know what you mean?

1 Like

The magick that I’ve learned from employs a similar strategy. Damon Brand writes about this as ‘emotional transmutation’. As far as I’ve been able to understand, it is powerful because 1) it sets up a directionality, a ‘vector’. Moving from the undesired state into the desired state. It sets the basis for an alchemical transformation. 2) it makes equal use of ‘negative’ and ‘positive’ emotionality. It’s training your mind to harness all emotion in the direction of desired movement. Discouragement, fear, sadness can provide energy as much as hope. excitement, determination. Imagine how useful it is if, no matter what emotions arise, they’re all drawing what you want to you.

This is one of those areas in which I’ve noticed that religious teachers (and other charismatic leaders) definitely make use of magickal principles. They often employ a kind of rhetorical device in which they re-enact a transition from a negative (emotional/conditional) status of need and lack to a positive status of liberation and abundance. ‘I once was lost and now I’m found’. ‘Traveling through the wilderness to reach the promised land’. and so on. The emotional energy released in a catharsis can be drawn upon to fuel manifestation/magickal workings.

So, the idea is to begin by feeling the negative emotions and perceptions of the undesired states. That’s pulling back the bow. And then we feel the shift to our alignment with the desired state, the gratitude and pleasure and satisfaction of it. That’s releasing the bow and loosing the arrow.

6 Likes

Like you, my intuition says ‘in most cases, yes’. One’s mother tongue would be most intimate and is the way that language first ‘imprinted’ onto the mind. But I can also think of exceptions.

For example: Just as one’s native language is the ‘first’ verbal-conceptual system imprinted on the mind; so too are the cultural norms and conventions of one’s native social environment. Therefore, if one were working to manifest a reality that was somewhat at odds with the cultural values of one’s native society, the conventions and structure inherent in the native language itself might set up some mental barriers. (Just a theory. I haven’t tested this out.).

But it would be like a person from a peaceful city-state who grew up next to Sparta, observing the Spartans training and becoming hard warriors. If that person for some reason then chooses to become a hard warrior, s/he might choose to use the chants, drills, and songs of the Spartans to reinforce that state of mind, even though they’re not in his/her native tongue; because in his/her deep mind those songs are the most powerful symbols of strength.

So, I think the fundamental principle to apply is not this or that language, or even this or that particular method, per se; rather, it’s the attempt to explore and identify the shifting logic of the subconscious. Like learning to navigate an ocean. There are some logical methods and rules one can follow; but then there are many situations in which the ‘ocean’ (i.e., the deep mind) will defy our logic and control, because it operates on its terms. So, we become humble and observe to see what works. And in the end, whatever works is what works.

4 Likes

You are right about that. This year I noticed I became emotionally distant to my native language. Language transports meaning. Although it is a very very useful, moldable and beautiful language, I notice I associate certain limitations with it, which have no space in my current/future life. So I use the language less frequently. It is not the fault of the language, it is my association with the people who speak it.

3 Likes

It doesn’t complement the subliminal360 software I’m using to implement these visual subliminal’s as it is to long of a sentence. But it would work fine for saying the affirmation yourself of course. Yet I don’t need that kind of practices right now.

1 Like

Ah ok. Sorry, didnt read that part.

1 Like

@Malkuth

Would one prefer to keep an affirmation short and to the point or would adjectives increase the strength of an affirmation. To give an example “How did I become so extremely wealthy” compared to “How did I become so wealthy” and even compared to “How did I become so {extremely} rich”. Changing subliminal’s around like this how would that effect the outcome. I guess you could say wealthy is more of a broader used vocabulary compared to rich. Wealthy doesn’t necessarily have to do with money while being rich maybe does? Not sure. At the same time adding in adjectives would that either increase of decrease the strength of an affirmation?

1 Like

I learned the shorter the better but thats primary because of the repetition. You will get more with shorter phrases if you use more than one. But if you only repeat a low amount of affirmations or only one it doesnt matter. The key imho is that you can believe it.
It was mentioned in the text i posted. In such a scenario it is maybe counterproductive to choose a affirmation which paints a picture from a scenario you didnt believe deep within yourself. Rich or wealthy is relative. I would prefer smaller steps. Maybe doubling my income in a realistic time frame. Or doubling my clients or sellings or whatever is realistic and more specific to my actual life. Realistic and specific with smaller steps is the way to go.

3 Likes

You are a systematic and exacting thinker. That is good. I do not know the definitive answers here.

My sense is that clarity of vision and genuineness of emotion are the truly operational factors. If you can hold the vision of the words and what they mean then it is not too complicated. (On the other hand, you do not need to consciously hold the vision of the words every time you use an affirmation. Still, I think that’s a decent litmus test to see if it’s too complicated of a statement.)

I think that ultimately the meaning and significance of the words derives from the internal dictionary of your own deep mind. That’s why intuition is such a valuable tool in setting your affirmations.

2 Likes

i looked the book up because of your comment. is this about modern magick ritual? or about affirmation?

1 Like

hey interesting program. do you still use it? what was your experience on it? did you use it with SC subs?
i dont know if i want to use it with subs from SC because i worry about recon and crash between messages. but curious about your experience.

Both.

It’s common for runners to do stretching to warm up before a run. But if you see someone stretching that does not always mean that that person is about to go running. Some people just use stretching for its own sake, and don’t do another activity afterwards.

Similarly, affirmations are often used in magickal workings, religious rituals, and in other practices related to manifestation, training the mind and so on. But, if someone is doing an affirmation that does not automatically mean that the person will do a magickal working. Affirmations are highly flexible and can be used in many contexts, magickal and non-magickal, religious and non-religious, and so on.

Gallery of Magick is not a particular book, but is more like a publishing collective that has released numerous books on various topics related to modern magickal practice. Since affirmation is one of the elements of magick, you can learn something about affirmation by reading such books. But it is not necessary. You could skip all of that and just go directly to learn about affirmation as an independent practice. Similarly, someone interested in stretching does not need to join a running class or a running club. They may just skip the running club and go to a class that focuses specifically on stretching and flexibility.

1 Like

interesting. thank you for the detailed explanation.
there are a few ideas i have how to use affirmation with subs, for example

1. Don’t run subs and affirmation in the same subject category, but complementary to each other:
    while im running subs for example about wealth, i can do affirmation/hypnosis that can focus other parts of my life(masculinity, relationship, healing). and when for next cycle, i might choose sub for masculinity, and doing affirmation for wealth.

2. Running subs and reading the subs’ goals/effects from sales page and consider them as affirmation

3. Running subs and doing affirmation in the same area with the sub (might crash into each other or hinder the effects, but MIGHT have synergetic effect. not recommended)

4. Running subs and doing visualisation or focus on the FEELING of fulfilment (Neville Goddard technique) instead of verbal affirmation

@Malkuth have you been using affirmations along with using subs as well? what is your opinion/method on this?

1 Like

I prefer option #2.

It’s funny that you typed this today, because just yesterday I was thinking along a similar path and I wrote in my journal:

Affirmations are a way to communicate your cherished values and goals from your conscious mind to your deeper involuntary levels of mind. When the mind is working in harmony, it is powerfully effective.

Subliminals are another way for you to communicate your valued goals and concepts to your deeper levels of mind. So if you’ve chosen your subliminals well, then you don’t need to do additional affirmations on top of them.

On the other hand, what you do want to do is to consciously create space, openings, and opportunities that make it easier for your goals and values to be expressed and built into your life. This is the meaning of “Taking Action”.

In other words, if you’ve successfully sent an invitation to your good friend to come and visit you, you do not need to send 50 more invitations; but you do need to clean up your guest room so that when your friend visits he or she will have somewhere to stay. If your doorbell is broken you need to repair it so that you will hear when s/he arrives. And so on.

The job of the deeper levels of mind is to create our valued realities. The job of the conscious voluntary mind is to prepare to receive those valued realities.

That’s why your option #2 is so important. If you want to prepare for a reality to enter your life, it’s very helpful if you deeply understand what that reality is.

Take care of those parts of the process and you’re basically good.

1. Understand the realities that you want to receive.

2. Communicate those realities to the deep, creative levels of mind.

3. Prepare the conditions to receive those realities into your life.

And that’s about it. 3 simple steps. But there are thousands of different ways to do each of them.

And don’t obsess about it too much. Just live your life, and try to live it well. If you’re living well, you’ll pretty much do all three steps naturally, without even thinking about it.

1 Like

this is one of the best tips i’ve seen on this community