Q Cores & Custom Subs

Are Q cores different to the major programs of the same titles, and if so, in what way?

Is it ok to have more cores built into a custom than the stack listening limit for the main ones?

And is it best to still keep custom builds to the same recommended maximum subs as the major programs?

I’m trying to understand better how this works, as I am looking to submit soon for my first custom.

Any tips, thinking of a healing one, such as Regeneration + Elixir

Other ideas are Ascension + Limit Destroyer and Ascension + Rebirth

What about LBfH or CFW on their own in a custom?

1 Like

The official recommendation is still no more than 2 cores in a custom.

2 Likes

Q cores are the same as major programs in every way.

The recommended number of titles in a stack is 3 but the recommended number of cores in a custom is 2

2 Likes

You generally want to run a major program as a non-custom title for 3+ months before deciding if you want it in a custom

1 Like

How about the non-core Q titles? If the maximum recommended cores in a custom is 2, what is the maximum recommended modules in a custom with either one or 2 cores?

The total limit is 20. 1 core and 19 modules. 2 cores and 18 modules.

4 Likes

I forgot. 0 cores and up to 20 modules is an option.

5 Likes

I take it 1-2 cores without added modules is an option as well?

Minimum is a total of 10. 10 modules with 0 cores, 8 modules with 2 cores, etc

4 Likes

Wtf for real, we can do that? This gives me an idea :thinking:

1 Like

Is there a reason we can’t just have 1-2 cores in a custom sub without the modules?

It seems programs such as Regen and Elixir or LBfH and Chosen series already have fine-tuned and balanced scripting.

What if I just wanted to focus on their pure aims without potential compromise or mingling with other purpose driven titles?

1 Like

I’m sure you meant maximum recommended quantity are 3 titles and 2 cores.

Yes. Stack this no-core custom with any major title and you will get major title core + modules custom. It gives you a very flexible custom but takes one slot of three.

4 Likes

For now, it is more about getting personal name embedded into Q cores than other modules.

I understand embedded name in main store titles is a new feature soon to be released.

1 Like

i thought u needed a core to pass the integrity check?

no, you don’t need.

1 Like

This doesn’t make sense to me.

In all truth, you can have 3 customs, each with 2 cores, and still technically be “within guidelines.”

Whatever you said I must have meant, I didn’t mean, or I don’t understand, sorry

I’ve always wondered this as well

1 Like

well, I meant is I clarified the moment about that 2 cores is maximum recommended in one custom and 3 titles in a stack are also maximum recommended. basically, we are talking about the same thing

2 Likes

Oh, ya!

1 Like