Potentially dangerous info on support page

@Liquidfire Intriguing idea!

Okay everyone, this thread is a great demonstration of self-monitoring your experiences and looking out for each other!

Please congratulate yourselves because you all (yes ALL of you) are one reason I like being here!

3 Likes

Frankly, when I first joined, I found it too easy to follow instructions in the downloads page and in the (old) pdf manual. For the remaining doubts, I asked the forum and got plenty of help. If I didn’t get help, I experimented.

I don’t know how much it will serve to babysit the new comers but hey it couldn’t hurt I guess (unless they start to demand to be spoonfed even more)

2 Likes

Unfortunately some folks are like that which is frightening

1 Like

Something that we don’t cultivate or appreciate now-a-days :slight_smile:

It’s exactly during those times I empathise with my parents and their generation when they rant about how “in my day, I had to walk 30 kms, climb 2 mountains, swim 4 rivers, fight tigers and kill demons to reach school”

2 Likes

My first thought upon reading that “as much as possible” was that a certain somebody was right after all. That made me laugh my ass off.

As long as you realize the average “for Dummies” book is 300 pages long. :wink:

I think it should be like how people wish my posts were formatted: a quick start section at the beginning, then more detailed sections after that.

That way people can read the mandatory quick start and listen to the subs in the right way. Then a little teaser at the end of the quick start that states if you want to get the absolute maximum out of the subs, read on to find more detailed sections.

People will start listening right away because they want results yesterday, then while they are listening they get intrigued by the details-section.

3 Likes

Not sure this is practical. It’ll probably alienate many new customers to be forced to jump through hoops to download the product they’ve already paid for, but are now being denied access to. There may be some legal issues with this too, not sure.

And it won’t stop people just searching the doc for the terms related to the specific question without bothering to understand the context or what it means.

1 Like

I know it has downsides, but you can also argue a truly motivated individual will do it at least once.

As for the latter part, that’s why I said a quiz should be needed(kinda like checking questions in a survey, to see if the person read it properly).

Actually, even the questions themselves could already point in the right direction :slight_smile:

yes my thoughts too, it would affect the bottom line too much: the $net income$.

Generally true.

However, SC has good core group of customers who seem to buy everything they release.

Might be a bit counter intuitive, but maybe there should be some hoops to jump through before you can buy your first products. Make it into an exclusive group that you need to qualify yourself for. These kinds of customers tend to be very high LTV.

Should also keep customer support cases to a minimum.

Not saying they should do that, just a thought. It all depends on the direction they want to take the business to.

1 Like

Perhaps that would be a good approach, but I wonder how well that connects to their vision? I think one of the strengths of SC is their marketing. So they can surely make a video that hypes($win$-$win$) and gets people attention for 30 secs or so while explaining

1 Like

With a niche product like subliminals, especially at the affordable price SC provides them for, exclusivity would probably be counterproductive to business growth. It would be fine if SC really were a club, but not so much for a business trying to grow.

Not my call obviously, I’ll use the subs either way.

1 Like

I should have said seemingly exclusive group, just to make them qualify themselves.

But you might be correct. Might be worth testing, but who knows.

1 Like

I agree with the points. If it were me, people could look at the products. Once ready to buy, I would want people to do an online tutorial with videos, reading, and a quiz. They have to pass the quiz to go to the next level of the information. Maybe about 5 or 7 quizzes of 9 questions each. Once all levels are passed, then they can actually purchase products.

However I realize there are problems with that. I think people can get impatient and have short attention spams, so although the motivation and diligence of the customer base would be higher, there might be fewer customers with such a funnel.

1 Like

Woah, this was a bit deep to me cuz I too check this way more than my Instagram page. I have all notifications turned off for social media too.

Maybe with a proper Quiz funnel… Who knows.

Of course, it might be too much work for the moment, as their attention is in developing their core competency.

1 Like

Can we get the link to it please?

I think this is the most current one.

For the one @SaintSovereign mentioned above we may need to wait a bit.

You are wrong on two counts.

Firstly it wouldn’t work.

Subs are a particular niche within the self help niche.

And the people who buy subs can be categorised two ways.

1. People with a multitude of deep problems who need major help.

2. People who have identified a particular need to address.

In both cases the two groups are motivated enough and will do what is necessary to gain access and then proceed to do exactly as they would have done anyway irrespective if this is diametrically opposed to whatever quizzes they have just taken.

Secondly, as a niche within a niche sales would not be affected.

There is actually also a third problem. It would take away valuable management time from developing better products and running a profitable company.