New Support Article: What Is Solace?

Will solace allow a larger range of compatibility with low end speakers? I remember testers mentioning the solace being more empty, which might help with the signal to noise ratio and low dynamic range of low end equipment and mobile speakers.

Another thing I was thinking about would be applying gain information directly to the track and If solace improves this area in any way, or is an acceptable practice. This could be something for a support article, touching supported gain directly to the audio track. I wanted to buy a backup boombox that can run CD’s on battery, for power outages with gain added directly to the audio file.

One thing I noticed with the current mask is my auto-loudness applies a -11.5 db for ultima and -9 db for Qv2 or %25~ db difference in peak loudness. This might be something interesting to investigate, to improve the dynamic range of low end speakers, maybe something that needs improvement, if there is any need at all.

1 Like

@yousirnein - as long as you can hear the water-trickle sound of the Solace Masked file, it works regardless of whether you are playing on speakers or headphones.

1 Like

Ultima is louder because it includes ultrasonic track with the masked one in the same file.

QV2 only masked without the ultrasonic.

I think its good idea to replace Ultimas with ZP. No ultrasonic in masked - no problems.

1 Like