My new idea for Ultimas

Fair enough. I understand that 100%. That’s why I use that “if it’s in your budget” when throwing ideas out there. I love the choices you came up with. Let us know your tests go!

1 Like

Thanks. I have Mastermind in my customs. It is driving me to experiment with what I’ve got, and I came up with this idea. Also, I don’t react well to two straight hours of Ultimas.

1 Like

Go Ultima Squared.

Play them both simultaneously. Should work well, given your choices are synergistic.

Do only 1 combo a day for the first two weeks. Even better, start with alternate days.

:wink:

Edit:

A) Older & newer files have different volumes, so adjust accordingly. Eg: RICH > TS.

B) If the chosen two are both louder files, it may be hard to play them together – even on 1/10 volume setting. You might need a player that supports 15+ levels (or dual controls, like player AND headphone).

3 Likes

If you mean play them both at the exact same time, this has been recommended against with subliminals.

2 Likes

Thanks for the ideas, but I like the half-and-half idea and will continue to test it out. I am also having success running Dragon on repeat overnight.

Yeah. Playing half isn’t recommended either, but if I had to choose, I’d say simulcasting is a better experiment. Especially, if escalated slowly.

:hugs:

I’ve ample experience with playing up to 5 Q files simultaneously, with measurable effects. Had to do it back when I couldn’t run Qs for more than a couple hours a day.

In my subjective logic, 3-5 Qs are no more dense than a Terminus Custom.

Ultimas are somewhat denser than Qs, hence the reference to Squared.

Full Disclosure: I don’t have experience with overlaying Ultimas, just cause I don’t use them much.

:+1:t2:

Edit:
Playing simultaneous files was done by many users back in New Dawn days.
And it is possible that several of us are now ready to do so with Q.
These days though, we’re more likely to opt for Terminus Customs.

:wink:

1 Like

Don’t do this ya’ll. It’s not possible with Q and Ultima powered subs without causing major reconciliation and stonewalling. 3-5 Qs are much denser than a Terminus Custom. We’ve discovered a way to maximize results with minimal loops, but it’ll be later this year before we launch that.

10 Likes

air_guitars_in_the_background_facts_about_bill_teds_excellent_adventure_03

tenor%20(1)

5 Likes

@Simon

If you were just running 1 sub regular Q how many loops would you do approximately for your sweet spot?

2 Likes

now that is some great news, i have a feeling i already know what that is but time will tell
how was your rest on to the mountain?

1 Like

Exactly what I needed. Just had to bolt from life and take a breather.

3 Likes

You deserved it after all the work you guys have been putting in lately.

I am excited for all the news you guys are going to be announcing the next few months.

2 Likes

Since you are here… Do you think Limitless executive and RICH would mix well in a custom with tech prodigy, ultimate writer, sultan, and trailblazer?

2 Likes

Yes, that sounds like a phenomenal creativity / innovation mix, though it’s a tad bit unfocused with tech prodigy AND ultimate writer being in the same sub. It shouldn’t hurt it too bad, though.

1 Like

Would it be better to take those out and replace them with something else? or just with the other 4?

1 Like

Since you are here, do you have an opinion on my idea of 1/2 Ultimas, like 30 minutes of Beyond Limitless followed by 30 minutes of Commander?

I can tell you he will probably say it is not advised to do that. You don’t know which part of the script you are listening to at any single time within the time the track is.

It would be one thing if you know what the script looked like and could determine what parts you needed and didn’t at any given time.

1 Like

No, I mean like – use one or the other depending on your goals. So, one custom focused on tech innovation, the other on writing. If funds are an issue, though, stick with what you’ve built.

This exactly. Usually, people do this to try and fit more into their stacks. Remember, less is often more when it comes to subliminals.

4 Likes

You’re right. I don’t know if the script repeats itself or is constantly building towards something.

So you are advising against playing 1/2 an Ultima track?