Multi-Tasking Options for Subliminal Playback (on iOS)

This thread is intended to invite solutions, suggestions and tips for multi-tasking playback on subliminals.

To catch anyone up who didn’t see the previous thread:

So far, AudioShare is the only app I’ve found (for iOS devices) that allows independent background play and independent volume control on an iPhone. In other words, with AudioShare you can press play on your subliminal track and then go to use any other app or function on your smartphone (except for telephone calls) and your subliminal will continue to play. That means you can use YouTube, Audible, Podcasts, Music, or any other audio app, and the two audios will play simultaneously.

Unfortunately, AudioShare only allows you to select a single, individual track at a time. You can select ‘Repeat’, which is great if you’re only using one subliminal program. But if you’re using a custom playlist to play a stack of subliminals, it’s not very convenient. So far, I’ve been unable to find an app for iOS that allows background play of a customized playlist.

I’m specifically looking for solutions for iOS. There’s already a good solution for Android OS which has been offered by @SeekingTruths. (Early Quantum Limitless Thread - #58 by SeekingTruths). And desktop computers do not have this issue at all (they can simultaneously play many sound files). But for now, the iOS only seems to have the option of using AudioShare. (If anyone knows better, welcome to share.)

7 Likes

Thanks, Hannibal. I’m actually thinking of deleting this thread. I was thinking about it and I don’t see that many useful places it can go, and quite a few unuseful places.

2 Likes

Maybe you can leave this thread on for now. I guess the purpose of this is to get ideas on how to “multitask” on your phone while listening to your subs.
Although “playing around” with the subs via Audacity and other audio software is discouraged, I also see no other alternative to this. Which is why I suggest keep this on for now. Who knows, we might get better solutions?

3 Likes

yep leave it on for now please. Playing options are always interesting and maybe a new solution for iOS comes into play.

1 Like

Alright. Edited the original post, and feel more satisfied with it now. Thanks.

1 Like

Just discovered, quite by accident, that with a couple of small tweaks (or settings, really), it is indeed possible to create a customized playlist in AudioShare. You can even preset the volume. Downside, depending on the configuration of your playlist, it can eat up more memory on your phone. But I’m still excited to have an option now.

I’ll put up more detailed instructions later, if no one else does so first. But the short version is very simple: ‘press play from the queue screen’.

That’s it.

But in order to create the order of tracks that you want, you need to rename them with a digit at the front. 01 in front of first track. 02 in front of second track. and so on. Audio Share will then order them ‘alphabetically’, and voila, your playlist is set. (I don’t yet see a way to repeat the entire playlist. But who knows.)

3 Likes

This might save your troubles

1 Like

Tried it. There seems to be no independent background play.

If you play a YouTube video or an audible book the app will simply turn off.

Am I missing something?

2 Likes

Possibly not. My brother and I use this with pre downloaded subliminal’s & brainwave entrainment programs or music.

1 Like

Bringing this thread back to life to see if anyone found an ios music player that will continuously playing subs while multitasking such as listening to audiobooks or watching movies.

AudioShare

1 Like

Is it still the only music app that does multitasking? It hasn’t been updated for a long time, it might be abandoned.

Just used it 30 minutes ago.

(To play Ascension Chamber (masked) while playing music in Soundcloud.)

Still works great.

2 Likes

Hates from outside the club with his Android

1 Like

lol android is great in this aspect, there are at least four or five music apps that can do the above, many of them free :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I’ve heard of Rocket Player but I don’t care for the UI. What others do you have for us?!

1 Like

Yea, not a fan of Rocket Player’s UI too. Off the top of my head, Musicolet, AIMP, and Stellio :point_left:

1 Like

AIMP and Poweramp are the ones I’d go with.

I paid for Poweramp but it is definitely worth it, probably the best app purchase I’ve ever made. I usually use AIMP for audiobooks that I want separated from my music playlist.

1 Like

My only issue with Android players is that I wasn’t able to lower the volume of one whilst listening to the other whilst I can on iOS with AudioShare.

Has anyone found a way to do this with Android? May need it for the future if I decide to go back.

Been using this gem for years to satisfy my subliminal play needs, it allows multitasking too:

1 Like