Mixing other audio with Mixed Subliminal Tracks

I’d like to invite general discussion on this topic.

It’s pretty common for me (and, I think, others) to combine subliminals with meditation, hiking, or other activities.

It also may be somewhat common to combine subliminal listening with music or other audio (podcast, audiobooks, etc.).

Here are two initial questions:

1) Competing Objects of Attention

To what extent is it beneficial or advisable for the subliminal to be the exclusive focus of attention?

We already know that music, particularly stirring or personally moving music, can enhance the effects of a subliminal, probably primarily due to the receptive and heightening impact of such music on attention and mental state (i.e., mental ‘set’).

But what about other forms of audio stimuli? For example, emotionally neutral music, a news broadcast, a podcast, people around us talking to each other or talking directly to us.

(The anecdotal evidence of hypnosis sessions suggests that the subliminal messages would, in many cases, still be easily received. This is my general assumption. Just want to hear other people’s opinions or experiences.)

2. Volume Levels

Do you believe or have you found in your experience that when combining music with a Masked subliminal there is an optimal volume level for each?

To hear voices, in particular, through the masking you would have to turn up the volume on the other track. Let’s say you’re listening to an audiobook while you run a masked subliminal. The volume on the audiobook has to be above a certain level for the narrator’s voice to be audible (yes, pun intended). Or let’s say you’re meditating with an Ultima track (e.g., As Above, So Below, The Elixir) and you decide to play a meditation music track at the same time. Again, the volume on the meditation music track would need to be high enough that you could hear and enjoy it.

But if those other tracks’ volumes are too high, would they interfere with the efficacy of the Ultima track?

So those are the questions.

Have at it.

Subs while out for a walk, while doing light housework, etc is very common for me, I’ll also listen while reading personal dev stuff too. Or business books, if I’ve got Stark playing.

I’ll occasionally mix subs with baroque classical or ambient music, but I don’t think I’d ever want to mix it with a podcast or conversation, and I don’t touch news broadcasts at all. :wink:

I’m eager to see the general thoughts on this subject as well!

interesting discussion, I have the masked subliminals running on wimanp and youtube podcasts or audiobooks simultaenously

cant say how concrete the impact is, cause ive been doing this for months, in my mind i simply the ignore the sublimimal water sounds and focus on the podcast/audiobook content

I tend to match the music to the masked volume so I don’t have to go into audio share and mess with the individual volume levels so progressive r&b, massive attack/morcheeba, classical, the reading soundtrack on Spotify (mostly because that’s normally what I’m doing at the same time), something light n chill.

When I was listening to different meditation videos on YouTube the volume got a little tricky. I try to keep my meditation separate now. I like not hearing the water when listening to a voice.

Sometimes I do worry that I’ve got the sub too low especially in the evening before bed if I’ve waited that long. My ears get irritated with louder noises and unmasked brought out the tinnitus.

1 Like

Thanks for starting this thread @Malkuth. Since I’ve not felt much running my custom the last few days, I’ve wondered how I was affecting this outcome. I’ve been doing it either in the mornings before work or soon once I get home, but I’ve not “felt” stuff like I imagined I would.

I’m usually prepping for work in the morning, and allowing my brain to rest when lying in bed after work. I’ve been in that “I’m kind of scared something emotional will HIT me” mode lately, mostly since I’m doing an emotional healing custom.

–damn, just realized something critical to my “awareness”. At this moment, I’m listening to Limitless v.2 masked, and I plan on looping it during the night. I know, for me, listening to Stark invigorates my thinking and awareness, and it has an expanded Limitless (QL?) in it. I love that. My mind awakens, and suddenly, my fear begins falling away, motivating me to keep trying, keep healing, keep going forward, keep pushing. I’m unsure if that’s just Stark or if it’s Limitless in it. It’s like part of me says “what ELSE is out there?”, and mentally, I begin exploring.

So, I could revamp my custom to add Limitless variations, but I’m not feeling led there. I AM going to pick up BLU soon though. I’d love to be awoken more. That gives me such a rush.

I’ve been running Limitless for only 30 minutes so far, and something is stirring in me. Saint said (Limitless and its variants) make him irritable in the BLU thread. Others admitted the same. I’m feeling it. No complaining here. No, none at all :wink: (I literally just opened an email from a guy challenging men’s growing victimhood stance, so this was right on time for me :smile: )

I feel like the subliminal lifts up the corner of your couch, or (maybe more accurately) gives you a burst of strength and energy to lift up the couch. You feel the ecstasy of the energy and strength, and that feels great…then you look down…and see, ‘damn. It’s really dusty under there.’

So, the next step is to grab a dustpan and a little sweeper and clean up the dust. The subliminal did its part, and now this next bit’s the part that you have to do.

I think this especially applies to the emotional and personal growth and healing aspects. There’s the Ecstasy and Energy; and then there’s the Clean-up.

Every Clean-up phase makes the next Energy phase even better.

To step out of metaphor-land, one way that I mean Clean-up is giving ourselves the time to process some of the feelings, issues, and sensations that arise. Sometimes that will involve a general acknowledgment, like what you were sharing in your post; and other times there may be some clear, specific action that we know is required.

Either way, the peaks and the valleys of this process are not just both natural, they’re both necessary.

1 Like