Masked Volume during sleep

I can’t do ultrasonics over speaker because I don’t sleep alone. So, I bought a sleep headband (wraps around your head with soft, padded cloth.

Question is: Will I get full benefits if I have the volume barely audible. The masked tracks tend to keep me awake so I want to experiment with low volume, but not at the expense of benefit.

Followup question: If I keep volume low enough, would it still be a bad idea to do ultrasonics through the headphones?

3 Likes

I generally set Masked subs at a comfortable level for a few hours while I am asleep. Started doing that after watching Bruce Lipton’s video. Only @SaintSovereign and @Fire can explain how beneficial this approach is.
I don’t use ultrasonics with earphones.
Hope this helps.

3 Likes

I use ultrasonics over headphones to keep from interfering with others and because I have them on during most of the day since people leave me no other choice. The most important thing is to really calibrate the volume. Start by playing the masked track. Set it to a comfortable volume, preferably a bit on the softer side. Now, while keeping that volume, switch to the ultrasonics. Use FrequenSee to ensure the level is about the same. SubClub ultras are slightly louder than masked, possibly because they only have voice and no noise. (EDIT: Correction, the water of the masked track is actually about 10dB above the ultra according to my spectrum visualizer)
And always stay mindful of the volume. You won’t hear if it accidentally raised the volume, so ensure that won’t happen and maybe switch to the masked every so often (or use FrequenSee) just to be safe. If you get a sudden headache or your ears start beeping as if you’ve just been to a concert, keep your headphones off for a while.

As for the effectiveness of volume using masked, keep them at a level where you can still fall asleep. Most people can’t fall asleep above a certain volume, so stay below it. That in mind, keep the volume as high as is comfortable for you. Imagine someone talking you you during a noisy party. You may need to tell them to speak up or you’ll miss every other word. Same goes for masked subs. If the volume is too low, you might miss a few words here and there and your mind will have to figure out what they are through deduction. Combine that with the fact that the headband may move away from the ears while sleeping (my SleepPhones are never over my ears anymore in the morning) and you might want to keep the volume high enough.

@Anonymanas I’m looking forward to that explanation.

5 Likes

As long as you can hear the water, you’re getting exposure – WITHIN REASON. Don’t turn it down until it’s barely audible, then complain about not getting reasons. I’m assuming what you call a “comfortable level” is one that’s non-intrusive, relaxing and easy to listen to.

6 Likes

I have a pair of wired noise cancelling earbuds that have a high db output. I’ll play them on my android on like 2nd or 3rd step with Dolby settings turned off. That’s equivalent to 13% and 21% volume. I shoot for 21% and if it wakes me up I turn it down to 13%. I keep getting extremely vivid dreams are both volumes so I’m sure it’s working. But I have a nother pair of headphones that I have to turn the volume up on to get the same loudness. So there are many factors involved. Like @SaintSovereign mentioned at a comfortable volume, not too low.

3 Likes

Do you wear those to bed? If so, I’d love to know which. I have often tried wearing earbuds, but it makes side-sleeping so annoying, even with a special side-sleeping pillow with an indentation for the ear.

2 Likes

Well I’m not sure if you’ll find them comfortable it not but under $20 they kick ass as far as sound quality.

3 Likes

This is what I just bought and have started using. Very comfortable, though I do have a couple of complaints.

Bluetooth Sleeping Eyemask

2 Likes

A couple of years ago I bought these to use with a competitor’s product, they’re really tiny and actually comfortable while side sleeping since they don’t stick out at all, but don’t expect amazing sound quality for music. They’re cheaply constructed so might need to be replaced every couple of months, but they’re cheap to buy as well.

Maxrock Sleep Earbuds

These ones are even smaller and cheaper, but I haven’t tried them.

Atech Sleep Earbuds

3 Likes

I’ve never liked the idea of sleeping with Bluetooth on. I get enough of that going through my head every day, don’t feel a need to sleep with Bluetooth signals going through my head all night long. Well, part of the night anyway, I have yet to find a Bluetooth headset whose batteries last long enough. But that’s just me.

For now, I’ll stick to my SleepPhones. May just get a smaller band.

1 Like

Glad this has been asked. I’ve been wondering as well because my first exposure to subliminals are from YouTube, and I’ve always wondered what’s the recommended volume because I haven’t found a consensus upon reading a few of the comments.

Could you link the bruce lipton video please?