Major Frustration - Data Science/ Machine Learning

I’ve learnt the basics of python, and now I’m moving to focus on DS / ML.

Unfortunately my Jupypter note book can’t detect Pandas, Matplotlib, seaborn or any of these modules.

Checking on command prompt shows that the requirements are already satisfied. But Jupypter notebook can’t detect then.

It can’t see to read files using pandas.

I am feeling so frustrated. I have never felt such level of frustration.

I have uninstalled and installed python for over a week.

I’m so confused. I feel like giving up

Edit: just put on elixir

1 Like

you should ask about it on stackexchange or something man

2 Likes

I can’t help you with the specific problem but there are specific forums and platforms for that like StackExchange.

Part of learning programming is to be able to work through problems. Sometimes it already helps to take some time off and go for a walk. When you return with fresh eyes and without the frustration a solution can suddenly arrive.

It’s a soft skill of the programmer as your mind is your greatest asset.

I guess what I want to say: Don’t give up just yet. Take a break. Later you can google a bit for a solution or start a discussion on a forum about your specific challenge.

You are not alone on your journey.

4 Likes

As the other two replies mentioned, it is a good idea to look up solutions on StackExchange.

There are alternatives to Jupyter Notebook which are Google Colab (Google’s notebook system) and some other IDEs like PyCharm and Rodeo by yhat.

Why you don’t try to install Anaconda? Everything is set for Data Science / Machine Learning there.