Main Disc. Thread - Ultima Core v2 Upgrades

For real, I just didn’t want to derail too much off the Ultima side. Also the Q mandatory cores haven’t been updated to a V2 yet, right?

To be honest I’m a little confused on whether Qv2 involves a new scripting methodology (as opposed to just a build system).

It will probably be a core update like ultima i feel

Maybe you actually mean Q+ here?

If so, then there’s no need for confusion. Because the answer is ‘We don’t know yet’. It hasn’t yet been described.

Once it is described, it will probably be very clear.

There are three things; scripting, build technology and cores. It looks like QV2 is like Ultima V2 so a better core. To me, it doesn’t really matter since the guys know what they’re doing. Just trust the process and enjoy the ride. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

You folk demand too much and ask too many questions , give saint a break lol

Use what you have for a few months and see what results you get …simple !

4 Likes

That makes sense.

1 Like

Whilst I do see some demand, I disagree.
People ask for things and then its up to Saint or Fire to accept or turn it down.

Sometimes when they ask it might be for things they hadn’t even considered. I’ve seen it happen a couple times.

It’s not that they’re demanding they make stuff and do stuff, it’s just an input and I’ve seen that that’s how the community has grown.

Questions are always going to be there. People don’t know how or why certain things work like the owners do and are inquisitive…but that’s why we have a community to provide answers.

People are using what they’re given, but when you’re teased with things like Q+ and Ultima+ and Solace on certain titles, you want it now. It’s just human nature.

We’re happy with what we have, we’re just excited for more because we’ve been teased with meat like a hungry lion.

That isn’t Saint or Fire’s fault either, it’s just we’re hyped and excited.

11 Likes

I feel like when the sex subs get updated everyone starts going into a tailspin lol it’s hilarious.

3 Likes

Yup. :rofl:

People usually start circling the yard and picking fights.

Hey. No one said we weren’t primates, right?

4 Likes

You guys! This is the Ultima Core v2 Upgrade thread!

Take a time out so we can get back on track.

@Brandon thanks for the above.

2 Likes

Renaissance Man has Qv2.

Ya’ll always overthinking. It’s a scripting methodology change which changed the way we approached the core scripts. But these are not Q+ and Ultima+, which are very complicated, extremely advanced build methods. Hence why we’re calling this “Ultima Core v2” and “Q Core v2.”

Yeah, I appreciate @Xanderson looking out for us, but it’s all good. The suggestions, questions and “demands” (and of course, discussion and results) are why we made this forum.

And the alphas, haha. Believe it or not, we have identified and declared this as a “real” phenomenon. Any time we release a sexual sub, or a hard alpha, fights break out all over the forum from the people running them, hahaha.

14 Likes

And it’s almost always the same topics. Such topics that have remained dormant or discussed with mild indifference for weeks, suddenly become lightning rods.

2 Likes

Its the nature of the beast, its far easier for people to be an anonymous jerk behind a screen rather then coming face to face with someone to argue or debate a topic.

3 Likes

That is a good point. Social cognitive disinhibition.

As annoyed as I might get with it, please no name calling. Even if it’s tempting to think some people deserve the title of jerk.

damn! but if we put AURA in custom, it doesn’t mess with anything then?

1 Like

What does “could” mean in this context? Doesn’t sound like you’re too sure there. You originally wrote on the Aura thread “… It’s designed to enhance the auras in the standard script, as well as any specialized auras (like S&S).” So specialized auras were already a thing in Dec 18 and Aura was supposed to work with both types of auras in the mains. I can’t imagine it changing much when it went to Q which was more about changing the delivery method.

I am only here to share and acquire knowledge nothing else :slight_smile:

In case you didn’t get the email about what’s been updated:

"
The Executive Ultima
Beyond Limitless Ultima
Diamond Ultima
DREAMS Ultima
Godlike Masculinity Ultima
Libertine Ultima (marked as Libertine Ultima v3)
Limit Destroyer Ultima
Limitless Executive Ultima
Iron Throne
Paragon Complete
Dragon Reborn
True Social
The Commander
Sex Mastery X2

The rest will be complete by Sunday."

2 Likes

I’m specifically referring to the notion of us upgrading Aura to Ultima and then releasing it wide. An Aura Ultima could disrupt or override the Q-powered subs in your stack. When you create a custom however, there’s some script processing that goes on behind the scenes AND the mandatory core / Ultima Core that’s in the Q software that will temper it.

Pairing Aura Ultima with something like Love Bomb may not go as intended. It’d require a rescript, and even then, I’m not sure if you’d get a big benefit over just running two loops of Love Bomb instead of Love Bomb + Aura.

6 Likes