Main Disc. Thread - Quintessence: Zero Point (Experimental) (Part 1)

As a great man once said:

“Yup.”

Also, keep in mind that conventional IQ testing is based on some very specific, narrowly-defined constructs of intelligence. (Though still functionally important, for sure.)

As a person who has prioritized the development of emotional maturity and emotional intelligence, you, in particular, @James may appreciate that what is assessed in an IQ test is not all-inclusive.

Many, many (and many) additional and important domains and applications of conceptualization and problem-solving exist that cannot be evaluated by such a test.

2 Likes

This sounds a little bit similar to this part of a story from a famous Chinese martial arts novel that is quite popular. There was somebody who had become the top swordsman in the known world, and he had his journey to swordsmanship written on his tombstone.

"The “Sword Devil” Dugu Qiubai has become the invincible and unchallenged swordsman under Heaven, hence he buried his swords here. The heroes of the realm bow before me. Now, my Long Sword is of no use anymore. The agony!’

The first sword (present)

“My first sword was so sharp, strong and fierce that none could withstand it. With it in hand, I strive for mastery by challenging all the heroes of the Northern Plains in my teenage years.”

The second sword (not present, represented by a wooden tablet)

“My second sword was violet in hue and flexible in motion. I used it in my 20s. With it, I have mistakenly wounded righteous men. It turned out to be a weapon of doom that caused me to feel remorse endlessly. I cast it into a deep canyon.”

The third sword (present)

“My third sword was heavy and blunt. The uttermost cunning is based on simplicity. With it, I roamed all lands under Heaven unopposed in my 30s.”

The fourth sword (represented by a wooden sword)

“After the age of 40, I was no longer hampered by any weapon. Grass, trees, bamboos and rocks can all be my swords. Since then, I have developed my skills further, such that gradually I can win battles without reaching for weapons.”

4 Likes

鹿鼎記

I know that guy. Jin Yong’s novels are the best.

And I, cornball that I am, would add this:

“…and only at age 90 did I discover my tenth and greatest sword. Pink in hue, flexible in temper; it is the sword, behind my teeth, with which I speak now these words. It was with this sword, used slowly and with care, that I finally learned the secret of transforming an enemy into a friend.

3 Likes

@Malkuth
@DarkPhilosopher

I am going to learn to play chess as a way to relax when not learning code

5 Likes

Nah, what I posted was from The Return of Condor Lovers 神雕侠侣.

But the protaganist in The Deer and the Cauldron 鹿鼎記 probably must have been born with Power Can Corrupt in him.

Although the book is often called a wuxia novel, it is not quite typical of the genre: the protagonist, Wei Xiaobao, is not an adept martial artist, but rather an antihero who relies on wit and cunning to get out of trouble.

In the afterword, Jin Yong wrote that his intention in writing the novel was to reflect societal and cultural realities instead of encouraging readers to imitate a cunning and evil protagonist. He considered modifying the ending to make Wei Xiaobao get his just deserts, but dropped the idea and retained the original ending after receiving negative feedback from readers.

4 Likes

Yes, but this guy.

That guy shows up (well, he’s mentioned anyway) in Lu Ding Ji as well.

My favorite is Xiao Ao Jiang Hu because of the time I was at in life when I first watched (not read) it.

Care to share some of those results?

My wife is eager for the new seductress!

Also, thanks for reducing the price as much as possible, but I would’ve paid $99 per title with these results lol!

7 Likes

Love to discuss this topic though I don’t want to derail the thread…

But anyway with relevance to ZP, the semi-mythical founder of the Wudang Clan and Taijiquan, Zhang San Feng - not sure if he really existed - in one of Jin Yong’s novels was teaching his disciple the Taiji Fist and Taiji Swordplay right before the disciple took on the enemies.

The only thing that he wanted the disciple to understand was to forget everything. The more the disciple forgot what Zhang San Feng had just taught him, the more he would actually master the skill.

In the end, the disciple was able to defeat the enemies because his mind was clear and unobstructed by old baggage and old patterns, and also being in deep focus (“in the moment”) he was able to adapt to his enemie’s every single move.

It seems to tie in with the ideas of wuwei and Bruce Lee’s “be like water” as I mentioned a few days ago.

4 Likes

Yes.

Zero Point = 不知心 = Don’t Know Mind = 無爲 = Emptiness

Teachings that survive in Daoist and Zen practice. (And also in ‘getting into the zone’ in any performance-related context.)

Absorbing intellectual and analytical processes into a larger integrative, phenomenological orientation.

Cool stuff.

3 Likes

@SaintSovereign Can we listen to ZP after each other or do we need to have any time space between them? Like 1 hour between them or something like that?

2 Likes

Guys guys. Lets wait for the QZP release and the recommended listening pattern from SaintSovereign and Fire when that happens.

We don’t have any QZP titles with us yet to need to know this info right now so lets give SaintSovereign and Fire less chance to have to repeat this info both now and then.

Am sure they will also let us know how to stack both QZP main store titles and Qv2 customs too at the release date.

14 Likes

Limitless ZP! Wow! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want Heartsong ZP. That would be so beneficial.

4 Likes

Could pick up Go too.

1 Like

Hi Dmitry what is your future stack ? limitless and ?

1 Like

Hard gainers as in body type?

1 Like

Fantastic idea @James I love chess sure you will like it too.

2 Likes

@Deadpool i think some people might need to have time in between the products others can run them without the need for processing time.

1 Like

Custom + Wanted ZP (when it be available). Until then: Sage Immortal + Custom + Limitless ZP, most probable.

2 Likes

Very good Dmitry i like this stack.

What is your custom ?

1 Like