Main Disc. Thread - Muay Thai Mastery X ZP

you know ive never worried about the worst to be honest like fights and stuff, but the idea behind martial arts for me is kinda for self defense, but mainly about the discipline and embracing the suck itself, thats why i want to do it

yes muscles dont mean anything lol, but i was thinking because im kinda getting bored of hitting the gym for muscles, maybe later id join the gym for BJJ or something and it would be my kind of thing :slight_smile:
im still searching and seeing videos of joe rogan talk about martial arts

ill do more research, but if im getting into it, ill probably go with bjj :smiley:

hahahha thats sick,

hell yeah :slight_smile: im gonna do more research thanks for the info man!!

1 Like

hahahahha dude i have to pass in no in hell im gonna get myself get kicked in the head hahahahhah

thank you man, im getting more and more interested in bjj definitely will try it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

bro wtf why would anyone want to get leg kicked in the head damnnnnnnnnnnnnn brooo this thing you only see in movies hahahah dude man this must hurt so bad

imaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa passssssssssssssssssssssss hahahah

1 Like

Just to be clear, when we’re talking about leg kicks we’re not talking about getting kicked in the head, we’re talking about getting kicked in the thigh/calf. It’s getting kicked there that fucking sucks more than anything in muay thai.

Ah goddamn it, you’re that guy :joy: fucking sidekicks man, I always try to land one in sparring just cause I’ve been hit by such good ones, but it needs a ton of work. It’s such a long strike that I feel like I have to learn it though, super great from a distance (especially if you can hit it with a spin).

1 Like

U sure there? Im 100% sure that getting kicked straight to the head is worse than any pain. Dude hahahah this is hilarious i want to spectate some muay tai fights. Seems lots of a fun to watch

But definitely not to participate

Try it and see for yourself :wink: Leg kick pain is worse than head kick pain, there’s no argument for me. Only thing worse would be an elbow to the head IMO.

You should check out some fights on Youtube and see for yourself, it’s very entertaining. Guys like Saenchai, Rodtang and Lerdsila are really fun to watch.

1 Like

Bro until you forget who you are from that hard ass kick into the head

Or an elbow to the head??? Yikes man thats a dirty fight. Leave me out of it

See that’s damage, but not pain. There’s a difference. A strong head kick will cause more damage than a strong low kick, but a strong low kick is more painful trust me.

Welcome to Muay Thai, the art of 8 limbs. Elbows are legal there, not in karate, TKD or most striking disciplines. Only striking form that’s more savage is called lethwei, because it’s bareknuckle muay thai and you’re allowed headbutts too.

One cool thing about muay thai compared to other striking disciplines is that you’re allowed to grapple while standing, and that can lead to some really cool trips and sweeps, which are techniques that throw the opponent. That was the thing that made Muay Thai catch my attention. Check this video out for an idea of what they are:

4 Likes

I mean id take pain rather than damage. That is risky bro

What a sport

Hahahah this is fun to watch but man what a brutal sport. Damn

1 Like

@bombayduck hey man i wanted to ask.

Is there a striking martial art that doesnt involve the head as a target?

Like even boxing you strike someone’s head,

Is there like an art that only targets the body?

1 Like

Oof, not that I know of to be honest. Closest thing I could think of is Kyokushin karate, where you’re not allowed to punch (but kicks to the head are legal).

I’ve said it before a bunch of times, you don’t need to be hit if you want to learn a striking discipline. You will not get into fights and get hit, unless you ask the coaches for the chance to. In my experience, the vast majority of martial arts gyms are not filled with the people that you’ll find in weight-lifting gyms. Try it and see for yourself.

2 Likes

mind-blown-ohhd

1 Like

Yup, kyokushin’s brutal, already familiar with Oyama and a bit of the history. Think you misunderstood my comment, I wasn’t putting Kyokushin down for their lack of punches to the head, it’s just a reality of the martial art.

Hey, got nothing against weight-lifting, or people that go to gyms. But no one can deny the amount of people with body dysmorphia in those places.

1 Like

Holy shit, I think MTM is finally starting to do the work on the technique side of things. Today compared to two weeks ago, my clinch has improved night and day. A dude that was owning me that day was actually asking me for tips because of how well I was doing. Another friend who’s a pro got the better of me obviously, but he only knocked me slightly off-balance twice, versus the very week before where he literally tripped me 3 times in a minute.

I think MTM is allowing me to learn technique quicker, and apply it immediately. Big win today.

5 Likes

So I suppose with testers we can now have skills not necessarily done by yourself? Asking because I suggested one on the roadmap that I am not sure you do :slight_smile:

Landed a gangster-ass sweep yesterday, first time I ever landed a clean legitimate sweep. Even coach was like “that was f***ing sick” and it was against a dude two weight classes bigger.

6 Likes

Hello when will be upgrade of this major program or boxing mastery? Thank you.

1 Like

I don’t know if there is a schedule for when things will be updated.

1 Like

Its okay. Thank you.