Main Dev. Thread - Zero Point: The Game

Will this be a Windows game?

1 Like

super exciting, i cant wait to see whats our future with allthese developments

Aye.
!5char

3 Likes

And this, my friends, is the RENAISSANCE MAN Archetype.

"Now, please walk with me, as we view the next exhibit. These early 21st century pieces make up what is known as the Revelation Series…"

6 Likes

"Excuse me? Is it okay if I leave the group and check out this Twilight of the Gods exhibit? Y’all have it at the end, which is confusing, 'cause this seems like a beginning? Can… Can we talk about that?

4 Likes

“Wonderful. To visit the Twilight of the Gods exhibit, just stand on that outlined square that you see on the floor at the end of this passage.”

“Yes. Very good. Right there.”

“Now, press the button on the wall next to you labeled ‘Trap Door Release’…”

“…excellent. I see you’ve landed safely. That’s always pleasant.”

“When you’ve finished exploring the Twilight of the Gods area, the exit is the knotted rope that you can see dangling from a similar ceiling aperture at the other end of the room. By the time you’re through the exhibit, climbing up that will be no problem at all.”

4 Likes

This sent me roaring 'cause I feel like this is something I would add in there :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Will be putting out a call for testers soon. We’re going to build this the same way we do all our work – collectively, with the help and constant feedback of others.

Note, this won’t be glamourous (for now). Many of the builds will be just basic game mechanics that we’ll want feedback on. Things like how the movement feels. How a skill feels. Does it feel weighty, like it has impact?

9 Likes

@SaintSpring What about a mobile version?

3 Likes

At first you had my curiosity.

Now you have my attention :grin:

In other words, something awesome is brewing.

Look forward to how it will turn out.
:thinking:
…or how we will turn it out?

Goes to show you that despite all the holly wood actors, special effects and writing that goes into games;
The skeletal structure of the game which is (programming) is the most important aspect of the whole thing and never seems to get the credit it deserves.

I think programming will be such a valuable skill in the next century that it will be required to take coding classes over ethics or religion in schools.

I’m sure J-cast you now know how cool programming is for making anything in this day and age :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I hope programming isn’t ever a required class. I don’t like ANY classes being required. Not everyone is cut out to program.

5 Likes

What subjects would you have in your school my friend?

I would have all the subjects people want. Just don’t think a required class in (X) is a good idea. That’s all.

4 Likes

I sense sarcasm

Way back when I was a younger guy I really wanted to be an Astrophysicist because I am somewhat obsessed with black holes. In a weird irony I was watching this earlier today

2 Likes

Nah, quite the opposite in fact

Seeing you progress with coding inspired me to do it with mine (something I have been procrastinating on for ages)

3 Likes

I remember wondering the same thing when I was forced to take Calculus for a liberal arts degree, lol

5 Likes

They are trying to make you switch to CompSci with those classes.