King's Subliminal Journey

Sure.

Richard Garriot created the Ultima series of role-playing games in the 1980s and 1990s.

He was a pioneer in the rpg world. Very interesting life.

1 Like

Yup, I played Ultima IV back in 1988 as a wee lad.

Just want to know if you found the actual book enjoyable/well-written, etc.

Yes, I liked the actual book.

He is a superb story-teller, and the book is largely about how he used his story-telling skills throughout his life.

Reading the book is like entering his world, a imaginative world full of possibilities. At least for me, I got that type of “explorative” feeling that I hardly get when I read most books.

After all, what he wrote about his life was real, and not some fantasy experience.

1 Like

This may be one of my next Audible purchases. We’ll see. Thank you for sharing.

Do you prefer to listen to the book instead of reading it?

1 Like

Get Scribd. One monthly payment, lots of great books. Also this one, both in written and audio formats.

1 Like

Thanks. Have seen that name for years, but never looked into what it actually was.

hmm…interesting, it’s like a virtual library. I like it.

Until very recently, I’d have given an unequivocal ‘yes’ to that question. I embraced audiobooks when I was commuting in the early 00s. Listened to the entire Wheel of Time series in that form. And once you’ve gotten through that, you’re just going to keep on listening.

In the past year though, with subliminals, I’ve found a number of my habits and preferences shifting. I started the audiobook version of Brandon Sanderson’s latest installment of Stormlight Archives The Rhythm of War; but I found myself drawn repeatedly to read it. Or to read it while listening to it.

Audiobooks allow me more freedom of activity. I’m not a huge fan of sitting in one spot for hours on end (despite being a happy meditator). I like moving a lot. I also receive and retain auditory information MUCH better than visual information.

So…

I don’t know. The mind changes.

But for this book, I thought I’d probably prefer to hear it. We’ll see.

1 Like