Is Ascension Enough for a major program?

I think thats a lot haha, but upping the loops seem like a good idea, havent sticked to it and tried it

Ive always seem to be at 1 loop

How often do you get to the arrangement view? What are your major sticking points? Since you’re relatively new to this there are A LOT of bad habits producers pick up and they’re further perpetuated by online communities. Just trying to help out and see if those hours are really necessary for you.

An important thing to remember is hours spent on a track doesn’t equal higher quality. Neither does more instrumentation or layers. A solid 2 and half hours of focused concentration and idea generation is worth more than 6-8 hours of trying to find a good kick drum, getting lost in sound design, or cluttering up a core idea with unnecessary layers.

Also your idea of techno might be way different than mine. Got examples of artists you like?

1 Like

Mate these goals are literally life changing completely which could happen but you need to be patient

1 Like

lol, due to my procrastination issue i rarely reach there i always delay my work, and sometimes never get through something useful, one day im doing 4 hours of really productive music creation and going through arrangement and sometimes i barley open my DAW

yes yeah i try to search on those topics, and not fall into the " YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR 2384 HOURS A DAY " to be successful

i tottaly agree on this philosophy, focused consistent work is the way to go even if you spend only 2 hours a day. with total focus that should get your with some good progress but view is i wanna do music full time, i post poned my collage and my day should be all about music like 6- 8 hours since i dont have anything else to do

heres an example of what i call proper banging techno

1 Like

Yes.

It certainly is. The Q store has it amongst the Major Programs. Ascension has a well documented history here.

Yes. I used Ascension in a manner similar to your intention, except Emperor was jelling well with me.

I lost nothing of the Emperor and only continued to gain in assertiveness, self-recognition and self-improvement.

Ascension turned me into a morning person. Emperor could have done so as well, however, it did not.

Ascension improved my relationship in the sense of helping me shift the power dynamic to where i was back in control of myself.

Ascension is the shit, don’t let anyone on here fool you into thinking it’s ‘too weak’. That’s laughable.

Ascension, straight off the couch and into the public eye after months of ‘inactivity’ healing my ankle, caused me to feel absolutely comfortable in my skin surrounded by people in masks and me with none over half a year ago.

Ascension improved my sense of self worth.

I own quite a bit of the library of SubClub and Ascension Q is still one of my favourite titles ever. Note that i didn’t say Qv2.

I didn’t use the Qv2 version that much after it came out as i had different goals so i can’t speak on it as much (and I’d have to check my old journal).

6 Likes

Hey man thanks. For the reply! I just bought ascension and im pumped about it! :sunglasses:

Seems as pure as it gets, pure focused sub as i read from you and also others

Im pumped for the experience thanks friend!

5 Likes

You’ll enjoy yourself.

3 Likes

You gonna like it, and will benefit you greatly​:fire::fire:wishing you the best :muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

thank you for you suggestion and your point of view that made more excited about just leaving emperor for now and switching to ASC,

that really inspired me! i wish you the best also my friend

2 Likes

I feel this. Definitely gotta capitalize when you’re in the flow.

Yup as long as you balance consumption with production you’re good. My biggest mistake was trying to hoard all this knowledge and wait till I was really ready to work on tracks.

Ah, this seems familiar. I had a stretch of unemployment where I had all the time in the world to work on tracks and I still didn’t. Don’t put a lot of pressure on yourself to hit 6-8 hours. It sounds like part of you is really reluctant to put in those 6-8 hours otherwise you’d be doing it. It might be a subconscious pattern. The problem is when you setup that expectation in your mind, your brain has a tendency to procrastinate and put it off. Instead it’s better to tell yourself you’re going to work on music that day and it doesn’t matter how long. Better you do something than nothing at all right? What we should do and what we realistically can do is always gonna be different. I’m not saying you’ll never get to 6-8 hours, but at this point in time you might have to build up to that.

Ok cool you’re on that raw aggressive techno vibe. I’ve heard some techno nowadays that’s too overproduced and misses the point of techno by being overly technical.

Throwing this out there. Have you looked into the Ultimate Music Producer module? It’s not currently in my custom, but when I had it, it was pretty damn useful.

I’ve derailed this the initial question of this thread a bit. But I’m glad you switched to ascension. You might think of stacking Ultimate Artist as well. If you ever want to chat about music production stuff feel free to DM me. I’m kind of in the same boat trying to get this thing to be a bigger part of my life and facing unending procrastination. You might want to look in to ADHD as well, I learned recently I have it and it’s changed how hard on myself I am. Procrastination, going for those cheap quick fixes of dopamine hits (smartphone, junk food, tv, video games, etc.), days of doing absolutely nothing but simultaneously wanting to do things, etc.

2 Likes

yes i agree, for example i worked for 2 hours today on a track, and said fuck it, its okay i worked and thats fine ill go downstairs and sit with my dad, and chill with him no need to pressure and limit my time

even though i prefer working than going downstairs, but its okay that ive done my share of work today!

oh i love over layering and over bunch bunch of distorted elements to the track, thats my niche, i dont like at all minimal stuff, i feel high when i listen to over processed main leads that breaks my ears with their rhythm but thats just my taste

yeah! i was planning on getting this on my future custom, once im doing my custom it will be there for sure

hey man thank you so much, yeah your story seems similar to mine, i think i have adhd patterns as well not sure if i have it, but i act like it and easily distracted i crave that dopamine fix, bunch of stupid stuff but i think ascension will really help me with that

thank you so much my friend for your help <3
have a good one, and happy thanksgiving!!

2 Likes

The smaller the program, the faster the results. For that reason alone, Ascension or Ascended Mogul would be closer to what you want. Smaller titles hit deeper and start hitting faster.

I haven’t run Emperor but I’ve ran Emperor: HOM… and YES, Ascension is MORE than enough for this. HOM gives a sense of Confidence but AM makes me VIBRATE with confidence.

Just to give you some context, my mum WAS a long-term smoker. She had quit for 20 years, but it took her ten years of being smoke-free before she stopped walking behind people on the street and inhaling their second hand smoke. Nicotine is ADDICTIVE! I think you’re being a bit hard on yourself for still having cravings.

To wrap up the story of my mum smoking… one day she was in Mexico with her friend, got drunk, had “just one cigarette”… next thing you know she was smoking a half-pack a day every day for 3 months before she quit cold turkey again. How weird do you think it was for me to be 15 and watch my mum chainsmoke cigarettes out of nowhere after a 7 day vacation? So weird. Cigarettes are addictive. Don’t be hard on yourself for this. The fact that you’re not smoking is already more than 99% of people can say. Most people can’t even quit! You’re in the top 1%.

This is very true. AM brought a lot of childhood trauma and anger and frustration up for me and I ended up listening to solo Regen/Elixir for a month which was really helpful. It gave me a good foundation, a lot of the lessons from AM integrated, and when I came back to AM it was easier to run.

I think that on top of running Solo Ascension, you should carefully pick a booster Ultima that makes you feel like you’re getting results every single day.

Something notice-able, like Godlike Masculinity or Limitless Executive would be good.

But when I was looking through the ultima store for you, I was really thinking how good it would be for you to run Rebirth as your booster! Everything about it seems like it would help your situation perfectly. Positive perspective. Faster subliminal results. Letting go of the past. More immersion into the subliminal.

Being reborn into your purpose.

Erasing truamatic experiences.

What do you think about running a booster? Especially rebirth, but any booster in general?

2 Likes

yeah but i thought if stark worked with me within 2 weeks and i could see wonderful results from, then why not Emperor? both dense subs right? and ive run it for 3 months thats some time,

damn man, yes i see how its addictive, the feeling of wanting to smoke is deep deep deep within one’s subconscious mind even if you stopped smoking, the urge sometimes comes out of no where from your submind, especially after a heavy meal

the freaking tobacco industry is just insane on how they make you addicted to their cigs, i bet they know tons of shit about the submind.

im using Limit destroyer Ultima V2 for over 5 months now, its my main ultima, i wanna leave some space for ascension to manfiest with awesome results then after that i might add QL, and start again from stage 1, cause ive gone through stage 1 and 2 , but i was running emperor at the time, and honestly i felt NOTHING, especially stage 2 its very weird maybe emperor was creating a huge blockage between me and the other subs that its taking so much capacity without letting QL get in and do its work

hey man thanks for checking up for me!

i actually had to choose between rebirth and limit destroyer on which to run, both seem to work on the same issue, but my philosophy in life is, that if you remove every limiting belief that you have you will change your life completely

if i haven’t done healing of my past traumas and other stuff i think i wouldve started with regenQv2, my mum and sister i told them about the sub, but since they never done healing only read about it

i gave them RegenQv2 and theyre running it! so im with u on that point of going for healing
but i think that limit destroyer might be good for the job :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

idk maybe stark ultima :rofl: ?
i was thinking before bed on how cool would it be if Ascension works so well then i can add my fav sub cause of the social aspect Stark

but idk about boosters, i really wanna finish with QL , bro my memory feels like one that belongs to a bee or a bug. i forget shit and its unbelievable i need to fix that asap and my learning is a bit weird i feel like i have some cognitive issues its weird to explain

but other than that thanks my friend for you suggestion and your nice words :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like