Interesting happening after using emperor

@DarkPhilosopher
which is?

2 Likes

I asked for that one, didn’t I? :slight_smile:

I’m risking an attack myself by explaining, but here goes.

In saying “I stated what I saw, as simple as that” a part of you is still trying to get the last word in. Putting your foot down and being passive-aggressive. That’s a defensive reaction. Instead you could simply have thanked people for speaking their minds and told them you’d consider their comments. In your own words, of course.

You’re letting it go, it has no hold over you.

That way, you keep all the power and you leave no opening for another attack. It’s manipulative, but so is a lot of human behavior, whether we like it or not.

I’ve done this in customer service calls where the customer was completely justified in being pissed off, and yet they ended up feeling guilty for taking it out on me and apologized. I usually end up the designated “supervisor”.

You should always come across as genuine, even if part of you doesn’t actually believe it. Although in this case, I would urge you to at least consider Saint’s words. Words have power, and you were using very strong ones. They were amplifying whatever beliefs you may or may not have.

Consider this one:
You’ve just been on a great date with a girl. You’re walking her back to your car. As you approach the car, you see a ticket on your windshield. There’s no way you did anything wrong, you are always careful. As you unfold the ticket, you realize how truly absurd it really is. Inside, you’re imagining strangling the stupid-a$$ effing meter-maid that picked on you to make her quota. Your time is so much more valuable than that insignificant little bug. But your inside response and your outside response are not necessarily the same.

Now imagine being the girl. How did she see you respond? What body language was she picking up on? If asked, would she feel like the meter-maid held power over you? Would she feel as if the date was interrupted?

7 Likes

@DarkPhilosopher
I agree with you absolutely.
I didn’t stated this another change in myself.
I always was cocky, but now my arrogance and confidence both are at heights.
I’m both rude and raw, and I am totally ignorant about other’s feelings.
As said, I won’t let it become a bothering for anyone anymore.

6 Likes