How do you control your mind?

I hear you.

Stress is a kick in the pants.

And that is a fact.

Some points:

1. The most important times for practicing and preparing are between the stressful events.

2. Check out the usual suspects to make sure they’re decent: exercise, sleep, nutrition (i.e., what you’re ingesting or putting into your body). They do not need to be perfect. Just make sure that you’re not making any really significant errors. (e.g., ingesting huge doses of caffeine or other destabilizing substances, spending long periods of time without moving, exerting, or breathing deeply, etc.).

3. Connect and share your experiences with others in supportive, growth promoting environments. Practice strategies, share experiences, develop increased perspective on yourself and what you’re going through.

Those are just some big general points.

At the same time that you do those kinds of things, I would also recommend Alchemist (among other programs). It’s about 1) learning to ride the flows of your mind and of your experience, 2) gaining more ability in harnessing, guiding, and directing those flows, and 3) using them to move more skillfully through the world and through life. It can help you to feel greater familiarity with your mind and your self, and to develop skill in manifesting or creating the conditions that you desire.

That’s a large multi-stage program. And at the same time, a smaller more focused program would be Regeneration. It can help to work on, dissolve, and release the particular internal stuck points of emotion and perception that reinforce and hold the problem patterns in place.

• Explore, study, and practice the skills of self-soothing. (Cognitive, Emotional, Somatic, Attentional, Interpersonal, Spiritual skills. There are a lot of them.)
3 Likes

If you’re up for a book, here’s a very useful resource.

1 Like

Lol there are things that a few days later you can reconsider and say to yourself why did I freak out for this :slight_smile:

I am going to check also your Focusing recommendation :wink:

1 Like