How do i actually make money?

@remarkable : Jesus-Christ!!! Brother! You’re making this whole thing way too complicated.
Let me break it down for you again:
AI, LLM and data science is where the money is right now. He doesn’t even need to like it, he just has to do it and get paid. After awhile if he starts disliking it so much that he can’t do it anymore, he can always switch to something else where his skills and experience will help him make just as much money.
Do you know how many people on this planet do that every year?

1 Like

Show me an industry where you don’t have to be a top performer to make serious money! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Rubbish, the UK has a clear and obvious shortage of nuclear engineers. Does the OP have an interest in that, is he intelligent enough to start and does he really want to work at Sellafield
(where he might end up glowing in the dark).

No problem.

Yes, my advise is rather simply and gives the best chance of working and for that reason most people will not follow it, irrespective of it being correct advise.

I am neither Jesus nor your brother.

Kindly address me properly in future.

Also my advise of building a base and using the time to think about things is actually rather simple and not complex in any way.

Thanks for speaking your unexperienced opinion like it’s truth but, from an experienced perspective, I can say this with confidence: Average sales people make average money, great sales people make great money, and outstanding sales people make slightly-better-than-great money unless they start a business. It’s hard to go past 300K/yr unless you’re truly top 5%. But so long as you try, and are decent, you’ll make decent money, if that’s your thing.

One of the biggest things that can indicate whether or not someone is successful is knowing how to take calculated risk. Not a hail mary “I HAVE TO MAKE THIS WORK IM ALL IN” type risk… but… how about willingness to learn new skills and know with every fiber of your being that you will be able to learn enough to be at least top 25%? That’s actually an easy goal if you know how to improve yourself at all.

So, by following @remarkable’s (AKA my Brother Jesus Christ) advice, which I’m reading being afraid, being skeptical, assuming you will fail, assuming you are not skilled enough, and lamenting about how life’s not fair, that will be a prophecy that will become true for you.

2 Likes

To make the real money you need to be top 5%.

I am assuming the OP wants to make a decent screw otherwise stacking shelves at Tesco’s for £10.42 the minimum wage would suffice.

I have to shake my head at this, bro! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

@ksub let me borrow your facepalm emote :man_facepalming:

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Plz dont ban me

3 Likes

I’m going to excommunicate you now.

Dad will not be pleased.

I image you do. Frequently.

But seriously stressing about 25 bucks when “it could be free somewhere” is poverty mindset.

Group course buy programs are pretty good - way better than torrenting and trying to organize every file yourself.

Do you have even one piece of feedback that is even mildly relevant to the OP’s post in a helpful way? Do you know even ONE way to “actually make money” as requested? Do you have ONE helpful idea that isn’t just quoting everybody and saying everybody is wrong? You used a LOT of words to say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of value, substance, or intelligence… you just wrap it up in words like “Obviously” when you’re trying to make a point and “Bullshit!” when disagreeing with someone else.

If not, if you have not a single response to the question asked by OP, go back to lurking, this was definitely not what you should have unlurked for, kindly piss off, because your advice of "make 30-40K a year, 50K if you’re lucky, is just laughable, that’s what terrible sales people make. Like I said it just sounds like you don’t understand the real world, you’re quoting a book you probably haven’t even applied, and your best piece of advice is “save your money and live like you’re in poverty, trying to earn 6% interest on every spare penny you have, and then when you die you’ll have $1m in the bank so long as you never spend it on anything.”

He wants to live a millionaire, or at least unconcerned by petty bills, not DIE a millionaire and live in poverty

3 Likes

my side ‘hustles’

I don’t make a lot. a few bucks here and there. hope this inspires someone

3 Likes

Little me was eyeing this thread with caution. 21 posts I didn’t read because a part of me feared I’m forced to take action then.
Now that I’ve read the thread, I’m more laughing than anything :joy:

Tech people job hop a lot. I was actually a bit shocked reading on reddit about the various experiences people had

Which is great. You’re not going to stay at a job if another company is offering you 30% more for the same skills. Tech is a very dynamic industry. They won’t hesitate to fire you if your position becomes redundant. If you want to work in tech, you’d better be ready to be often on the move and you also need to be aware that you will at some point need to add non-tech skills to your tech skills. For example marketing, sales, or management. Why? Because there is always another tech guy with the same skills as you who will be willing to take way less money for the same job. Many companies won’t think twice before letting you go in those situations.

Tech is a great way to get your foot in the door at a company but you don’t want to stay in a tech role for too many years.

3 Likes