Headphone jacks going extinct

If it helps, I used a pair of bluetooth Sennheiser True Wireless with Ultima this week and did not notice any difference in terms of effects vs wired headsets.

3 Likes

I do not have a headphone jack on my Pixel 2xl phone. The adapters do not work well and have a short life span, I have found.

At this point when I use an adapter if it is not seated perfectly I get a loud blast of static. This really makes it impossible to use the phone with wired headphones.

I have pretty much given up on using my phone with wired headphones and I dislike bluetooth headphones.

I am using other mp3 players, like an old ipod classic or sandisk players with dedicated headphone jacks when I want to listen to, say, an Ultima track, through headphones.

3 Likes

@lovage, @Hermit - thank you for these answers. This is what I wanted to know.

Oh that’s making things difficult, @dorfmeister. But glad you could figure out a way.

The point that @dorfmeister and I are making is that it is better to invest in a dedicated wired setup for subliminals - even a cheap one, than it is to spend on trying to make things compatible with jack-less phones. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I get the point, @Simon but that’s not the point of my question.

1 Like

I know. I was posting for future readers.
This thread of yours will be searched for several years to come.

:+1:t2: :smile:

1 Like

@Simon - that’s cool. But people will also expect an exact answer to the question being asked too. Alternatives are fine by me but am wading through comments that are not answering the question. Yes, some of us believe that every comment is a possible solution but this thread just had me scratching my head wondering whether I was clear in my question or not.

2 Likes