Frequensee app how to measure?

I use the ultrasonic version on my phone (iphone x), but one thing is not completely clear for me. I use an other phone (galaxy s7) to measure the volume with the frequensee app. But where do I need to hold my s7 to measure the volume? Near the speakers of the Iphone or the place where I’m going to sit when listening?

And is it true that the decibels should be around -60?

I usually hold the phone near the speaker, then I move about the room just to make sure the sound is filling the room. And yes, -60db is good, but I shoot for around -50db.

3 Likes

Hi @SaintSovereign,
So I’m using ultrasonic versions on my phone (Xperia 1 IV), and I’m able to use frequensee to measure and adjust fine.
But when I’ve tried to use another phone (Samsung S9) with frequensee to measure around the room, the ultrasound reading dropped drastically once I move it away from the phone… does that mean I need to listen with the phone speaker next to me at all times?
Are we targeting around -60db at our ears, or at the speaker?

This is confusing because I can easily play music on the same phone a hear it very clearly in the next room. Does ultrasound work differently?
Thanks.

It’s confusing alright. Which is why I recommend you run the Masked file. It is only 15 minutes anyways.

Plus Masked has an updated sound track that is pleasing to the ears. Ultrasonic has the capability to give some users that ringing sound in your ears after you finish playing it. I used to have that issue even when ultrasonic was played at a low volume. But that’s because I have some ear issues already.

1 Like