Fearsome Module

It’s very personal.

Life is such a sandbox sometimes; so many options for what to care about, and what to use as one’s gauges of ‘success’.

I think that people who say everything’s actually simple also tend to be people who hide within unexamined instinctual impulses as a way to avoid the menace of existential freedom.

No shame in that necessarily; but it’s the equivalent of asserting that pencils, books, and paper are really just kindling for building fires :fire:.

A: what are pencils and books made from?

B: wood. Trees.

A: and can you dispute the fact that wood is fuel for fire?

B: well, no. I wouldn’t dispute that; but that’s not all wood is for….

A: dude. You’re over-complicating things. Here. Pass me that Dostoevsky. It should keep this fire going for another 2 hours….

On the other hand, there’s a certain skillful way that we might relate to the imagination. Holding it lightly; but also not rejecting its offerings.

Neither worshipping it, nor oppressing and exiling it.

Inviting it to the table and giving it a hearing….Sometimes

As you say, Balance.

3 Likes

Lmao that’s perfect. I’ve definitely had interactions like that. It’s like walking into a brick wall.

But you raise a good point. This could very well be a result of survival coping skills. I’m obsessed with turning everything inside and out, very uncomfortable with just leaving something as is without having fundamental understanding. My balance would probably involve trusting more and not analyze the crap out of everything. Whereas someone else’s could be they need to dive in more and start questioning.

2 Likes

Does any body know if any major title contains this or a similar module? Sounds like a good module to have

1 Like

Not sure. Am thinking about it but no program seems quite like an obvious, immediate match. (Closest one in my mind seems like Khan. I’ve never run it, though, so not quite sure.)

FYI, Saint has shared a few times that the major programs are not built modularly anymore. It’s a technical point, but still… So, it’s more accurate to ask if a program has this or that function rather than if it has this or that module.

Maybe Aegis: Survival Instinct or any of the martial arts titles.

2 Likes

You also had Fenrir in there. Now I have to decide what to swap out of my module list so I can add in fearsome and fenrir.

2 Likes

Fearsome will influence people who want to harm you. Fenrir will influence you to take the right type of action against those who come against you. My partner took actions and people tell him that he is fearless and courageous.

9 Likes

I’ve got into a conflict with a regular customer who likes to throw his rubbish on the floor, I asked him to clean up after himself, with predictable insults as a response. Once holding firm and the argument escalating (remaining calm and repeating myself) he left, then returned eventually apologising to me profusely and did what I asked.

Fearsome is the one module I am never letting go. Combined with Power Unleashed… :fire::fire::fire:

14 Likes

Wow!

Have you ever read “When I say no I feel guilty”?

2 Likes

What are you noticing from Power Unleashed?

2 Likes

Similar to Ascension in that if you do get into an argument, your voice carriers over that fear into the other person and they usually back down. Good old fashioned teachers who command respect have this.

I haven’t, so that’s going on the booklist next to Leaving Home (David Celani). Yes, unhealthy excessive neurotic guilt is more of a exercise in control rather than anything ethical.

5 Likes

Would people who know and have used both Fearsome and Fenrir recommend those Modules to a person who fears being “evil”?

2 Likes

Yes I’m a natural softie so I run stuff like khan for much needed forceful aggressive masculinity in the right doses

After adding fearsome and fenrir in a custom I made recently I have noticed a near perfect balance of those energies with my natural tendency towards non conflict creating some amazing synergy……

I know exactly when to hold my ground and do it effortlessly conflict is something I look forward to now because I have learned to ride my natural preference to ride those waves

I’m rambling lol; long story short the answer to your question in my personal experience is yes

7 Likes

This is the module , I Will never get. Like I’ll see the purpose of it . But for me when I used to act like i had No fear in arguments. It usually just got me into more trouble .

Now people never really make fun of me anymore. Not Because of fear but more that I have 0 reaction so What’s the point.

I have tried the high status fear path and for me love was just way more powerful.

Like I partied with Ha once . All from not reacting to them. Using fear on them would had a complete opposite effect .

But This is just my experience . And if it works for you that is great🙂.

2 Likes

Has anyone used this module the past few months?