Dragon Reborn, new year, new life

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in the forums, but I’ve been lurking around for several months.

Just a few minutes ago I decided to purchase Dragon Reborn. After reading some journals and the program description, I thought it may be a good fit for me.

Why? Because I’m full of excuses, overthinking everything, a bad habit which has put me in a position that I’m not enjoying.

I don’t want to bore anyone so I’ll not go into details, but to sum it up I want to change careers and earn a living online.

I’ve been learning to program for a few months now and even tho I enjoy every bit of it (I’ve always been a computer enthusiast, but I’ve not followed this path professionally) I’m having the same self doubt thoughts that I’ve always had, every time I’ve wanted to make a leap forward. I’m tired of this.

I’ll be listening to 2-4 DR loops for 5 days every week and will take 2 days off, as per the instructions in the accompanying PDF.

I’ll be posting my progress once per week or so. I plan to listen to each stage for at least 2 months and level up only if I feel ready for it.

My best wishes for all of you on this new year.

9 Likes

Welcome and best wishes on your healing journey. I would only recommend that if you are going to keep your online journal entries to once a week that you keep an offline/written journal so that you can jot down anything in the moment that you happen to notice. These things tend to slip our minds later. Again, welcome and looking forward to seeing your results :slight_smile:

P.S. what kind of programming are you learning?

1 Like

Welcome and good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey,

I take note. I’ll be jotting down every little change/realization I notice.

Regarding your question, I started with Python, then changed to Go, then returned to Python to seriously learn it. Then I realized my CS knowledge is lacking severely, so while learning Python I started the CS50 2020 online course. I completed all 8 weeks. I’m only missing the final project, which I’ll delay until probably this next summer, when I’ve more competency with Python. I want to develop something that I can be proud of and not rush it.

My main goal is to be rapidly competent in some language and start building stuff asap. Then keep learning along the way.

Thank you both for the welcoming!

3 Likes

Nice that’s awesome! I’m also in the CS50 class! I’m still on week 1 Scratch though. I don’t have any ideas for games/story for project and have been so busy that I haven’t made time to sit down and work on it. Congrats to you for finishing all 8 weeks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome @Varnotte

1 Like

I admire your courage!:trophy:

2 Likes

Your invitation…

The Anthem

Dragon up so you can Dragon on!

:dragon:

2 Likes

I rolled my eyes so hard at that it gave me a headache for a moment

1 Like

So you know the headache is not from reconciliation.

2 Likes

@RVconsultant That one at least

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’ve been listening to DR stage 1 from Monday to Friday, taking weekends off. I started with just 1-2 loops for the first week, then I progressed to 7-10.

During these first 40 days, I’ve been keeping a handwritten journal. I haven’t noticed anything remarkable, except some minor fluctuations in mood. Both good and bad.

I stopped listening to DR altogether on Tuesday. I felt like I wanted to start with stage 2, but I didn’t, I just took some days off.

Then yesterday morning I had a few things happening that put me in a horrible mood.
Not that what happened was that bad, really it wasn’t, but it triggered something inside me.
It felt like a ball of hair that had to be vomited.
After 2 hours feeling grumpy and hating the world and myself, I decided I’d had enough and went to YT to do some guided EFT. The bad feelings released.

In the evening I started listening to stage 2.

On Monday I’m starting on a new IT job. I’ll be working for the administration, close to judges and other administrative personnel.

So today, after receiving a few Love Bomb emails, and maybe out of fear for the coming changes, I decided to incorporate it into my listening routine.
I think it will complement DR really well and I believe it’ll help me on the new job.

I’ve just finished listening to two loops of LB, I’m feeling peaceful and joyful.
I will listen to it once in the mornings and see how it goes.

Best!

Love Bomb does compliment DR very well. God choice!

1 Like

Weird how I find nobody on the forum mentioning EFT until after I started it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve felt nausea recently as I’ve been listening to DR.

1 Like