Commentarii Draconis (AKA Trial by Fire)

Are there any breaks between? I’m playing four loops too. It goes like this at night:
DRx1
1h silence
DRx1
2h silence
DRx1
1h silence
DRx1

And two loops of Elixir during the day (4-6 hours of break between the loops).

Something, possibly Executive, made me so busy I didn’t even find the time to brush my teeth in the morning. It was like all my priorities shifted towards doing all the stuff I’ve always wanted to do at the expense of the stuff that I’m supposed to be doing.

It’s getting less, but my schedule is still off.

“There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.”

– Harry Crews

I dunno. Does the scar mean the wound has healed? Or is it a constant reminder of what happened?

Today I did 50 minutes by bike, 15 minutes walking, a 15 minute kettlebell circuit and some 30+ minutes of Beat Saber, I spent a lot of time out and about, so I didn’t get to listen, making this a rest day I suppose.

I wonder if Dragon gives a subtle push towards more exercise. It is a healthy thing after all.

I’m relatively happy with today, even if I didn’t get everything done I should have.

It is however, obscenely late again…

No, had not thought of that. I have a playlist with 1 Elixir followed by 4 Dragons, which I listen to once or twice during the day. At night I have a playlist containing about an hour of guided meditations and Dreams, which loops.

1 Like

@DarkPhilosopher What size kettlebells do you have? Have you looked at Simple and Sinister by Pavel Tsatsouline? I plan on tackling that after I’ve done DDP Yoga for a while. Seriously piss off some people I know for the fuck of it. Hit the Simple goals and then work towards the Sinister Goals. If you do Simple and Sinister you won’t need that other shit and free up a bunch of time so you can be busy enough to forget brushing your teeth more often

1 Like

I seriously hope so

wait till you get to rattlesnake jake

DR urges my to take care of my diet.

1 Like

@Sub.Zero
On little thing to add. I pause the player whenever I walk away to do chores, so I do get some breaks in between, just not always between tracks, even though I do try and aim for that.

I have the 16, 24 and 32 kilogram bells. At some point I could juggle with the big one, but I haven’t done it in a long while, so I’m using the lightest one now to prevent the worst of the inevitable muscle aches. At least until the habit kicks in. When starting out with swings, the hamstrings tend to scream bloody murder for a week after a single session.

I actually met Pavel once during a workshop. He’s surprisingly funny. I have most of his stuff, I’m sure S&S is in there. Until that habit kicks in though, I prefer a program that tells me exactly what to do and how many times to do it. The more masculine ones among those would be RKS and Skogg. There’s many others of course.

I considered doing DDP with you, but the first time I saw it I didn’t quite like it because the yoga purist in me didn’t consider it yoga, more like general fitness. It has changed a bit over time I hear.

As for the other stuff, Beat Saber serves as recreation as well as exercise, I used it as a warm up. A few weeks back it was my main exercise, but my body adapted to it, so now it barely burns more calories than walking does. The cycling and walking were out of necessity, I needed to go places.

Stage 3? :slight_smile:

“The wish for healing has always been half of health.”
– Lucius Annaeus Seneca

True. A person needs to want it. Some people are far too happy staying in pain because then they don’t have to take responsibility for their lives, they can just blame outside forces.

But for those that truly ready to heal and have a desire to heal, they’ve done the most important step already.

I will admit that sometimes it can get frustrating when the “other half” of healing just isn’t happening and you’re stuck with only the desire to be healed. I know it should be an unconditional things, but I often find myself thinking “I’m ready, I deeply desire to heal, so why isn’t anything happening?”

Since it was late again last night I woke up late again this morning, meaning it’ll be late again by the time I finish work and late again by the time I can start recreation. And finally, late again going to bed. Sigh…

Even with all the Dreams loops, I still don’t remember any dreams. I think I got the tail end of one this morning, but it slipped my mind before I could write it down.

It’s Thanksgiving today. I am reminded how much I miss those Hallmark family moments. I am aware I keep bringing that up. You’ll probably see more of it as the holidays get closer. I like that cozy family feeling, so at the start of every year I vow that by the time the year ends I will have loved ones to share it with. And by the time the end rolls around, I find that I apparently had different priorities and I didn’t reach that goal. Which makes me slightly depressed. I may need some healing there.

Well, for now, I am thankful to have found SubClub and to have been accepted into its community. Happy Turkey Day!

Did a first 5 minute welcome session on the Muse. It’s really tricky to maintain a quiet state They sync the background sound to your state, so if it’s raining then the amount of rain gets more or less depending on how quiet (or busy) your mind is. When you’re calm enough, you start hearing birds. But even thinking about posting this here caused my brainwaves to jump up.

It does unfortunately look like they don’t let consumers see the actual brainwaves only the end result. I would love to actually see which brainwave is dominant at which time.

They also really got the gamification down. In that 5 minute introductory session I earned 507 points, 5 birds and awards for my first session, being calm for more than 1 minute straight and for having at least as many birds as there were minutes in the meditation. On top of that, it set weekly goals, challenges and milestones.

Now I don’t shy away from a challenge, so maybe I’ll actually get a solid meditation habit in. Check one more for health improvement. Possibly two depending on how many points I get for sleeping. :slight_smile:

Now if only I can beat those cheaters on Duolingo and reach #1 in the Diamond League at least once…

I haven’t been running it long enough to know if it will, but I suppose it is an important part of one’s health.

Again late to bed, and again a single run of my stack.

3 Likes

How about playing one, two loops per day? Have you tried that? We have a little discussion about looking the minimal number of loops which works for you here.

2 Likes

How do you put in the 1h of silence?

Last night I used 30 minutes of silence.
You can find the tracks with silence here and just put them on your playlist.

1 Like

Call me old-school, but if it takes 16 hours of non-stop T² to even give me a slight headache, I will listen to a few more loops.

My challenge is simply that I tend not to notice or feel anything. So I imbibe it like a cocktail where you can’t taste the alcohol, I keep drinking until finally something happens.

“There are so many ways to heal. Arrogance may have a place in technology, but not in healing. I need to get out of my own way if I am to heal.”
– Anne Wilson Schaef

Seems appropriate when using subliminals for healing. If you keep consciously resisting you’ll take a long time to get where you want to go.

It does always surprise me how we can want something badly and yet be unable to take the steps necessary to get it. We know doing something will help us reach our goals, and yet we still don’t want to do it. Constantly fighting ourselves.

I slept for pretty much 12 hours. Another side effect of me starting kettlebells. It destroys my lower body, so my body takes extra sleep for recovery. I sort of trained it to ignore alarms if it needs to.

But because of so much sleep, don’t expect a full journal post today. I’ll probably take it easy, shop for some more Black Friday deals, drink a lot of water and go back to bed.

As expected, not much happened, 1 loop of the stack.

It’s great to hear that, sorry :wink: I played 8 loops of DR St1 last night and I feel good, I got an energy boost and I feel the power inside.

Six months ago I was playing 8 loops Khan and felt nothing till I reduced the number of loops to 4, and only then it hit me strong.

Thank you for your answer.

Awesome - thanks

1 Like

“It is reasonable to expect the doctor to recognize that science may not have all the answers to problems of health and healing.”
– Norman Cousins

This one’s for all the energy workers and faith healers out there, areas science can not (yet) explain.

Took an R&R day today, so I took it easy. One loop of my stack.

I did notice however that I feel some aversion towards bad food, instead having either a preference for healthier foods or no food at all. The feeling is strong enough that it feels “new.”

I did not do all my kettlebell exercises this week because the pain in my hamstrings from Tuesday’s session is still enough that walking is quite a chore. So I’ll start over next week.

I also gained weight, but it looks like my body composition improved. Still, I can stand to lose some.

2 Likes

Yup. The first week of Dragon Reborn had me very ravenous and eating junk occasionally. But on the 7th day, I felt like taking control back over my diet. At the same time, self discipline doesn’t feel so hard like it used to before.

DR makes me feel that am being myself when I take up habits that I desire to take up. Before I had imposter’s syndrome. Now I feel authentic for doing whatever I want to do for my wellbeing

4 Likes

I have yet to see anything that extreme, but we’ll see what happens. If nothing else, slow and steady wins the race.

“Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.”
– Tori Amos

Reading this makes me feel good.

Another quiet day in which I didn’t get a whole lot done. At least the pain in my hamstrings is almost gone, so tomorrow it’s my next attempt at kettlebells for an entire week. I did look into DDP as well, thinking I still might join JCast for fun.

On December 1st, breathing masks become mandatory around here. I do hope they actually enforce it and give out a LOT of fines to all those inconsiderates. I’m generally very “live and let live” about things, but some people seem intent on ignoring every effort made to stop the spread of this thing.

However, I do face a bit of an issue here. When they ask people to do things, I will think about it and if it makes sense to me, I generally choose to comply and serve as an example. But when they demand it, that’s when I draw a line. I refuse to be counted among the idiots that require it to be demanded. So I’ll have to figure out where to go from here since without a mask I can’t get my groceries. I’m thinking about going back into a fast.

Challenge is, I don’t want to stop exercising, which is usually a result of me fasting. So maybe I’ll do a little experiment and find out just how long I can survive on protein powder shakes.

Anyways, on to other things. Tomorrow is a new day and the start of my second week on DR. For those still with me, I thank you and I shall see you there.

PS For those that thought Inception was complicated, try Tenet. It makes Inception look like a 3 year old came up with it. I still don’t quite get it completely.

2 Likes

“The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.”
– Marianne Williamson

It has a ring of truth. What do you guys think?

I started today early. Really early. I also managed to get some yin yoga, kettlebells and a little walk in. Eating could have been better, but could also be worse. I did a fairly good meditation, managed to maintain a completely calm mind for about 3 minutes during a 10 minute meditation. Which is actually harder than it seems, since even focusing on the breath too much will cause the mind to get worked up.

I had planned on going to bed at 2100. Didn’t make it, but it’s not midnight yet, so I’m already way better than the past weeks. I can’t even remember the last time I went to bed before midnight.

I did 1 Elixir and 2.5 DR’s. Yup, didn’t make it through my stack by bedtime. Very annoying. You’d figure it’s not so hard to simply keep it running, but apparently it is.

Other than that, I’m a bit tired from the change in schedule, going to bed is probably going to feel incredible. I still wish that dragon would show up, but I guess he’s needed elsewhere.

Until tomorrow!

1 Like

“Live your life from your heart. Share from your heart. And your story will touch and heal people’s souls.”
– Melody Beattie

No comment, just thought it sounded beautiful.

I actually managed to sleep for 7-something hours and wake up several hours before starting work. It felt good to have such a productive start to the day. Plus, sleeping well is probably one of the biggest things I can do to support my health.

No pain from yesterday’s exercise, which is good news since the pain from last week lasted pretty much the entire week.

Speaking of exercise (and pain), would anybody be up to do a split challenge with me? Daily 15-20 minutes of stretching the hips and hamstrings. Since it’s not exactly a comfortable experience to stretch for that long, I could use the company to bring out my competitive spirit. Besides, who doesn’t want to drop into a split? :slight_smile:

I got one of those Bose Noise Cancelling headphones for Black Friday. Having a lot of issues getting it set up, but so far it works well enough.

Although I don\t like the idea of adding Bluetooth headphone’s signals on top of all the other waves going through my head, I can’t deny the benefit of going wireless. No more having to take off the headphones whenever I want to get a drink or go to the bathroom. Maybe I’ll be able to do a few more loops today.

My eating hasn’t improved significantly yet. Problem is I consider the weekend to be my cheat days. But then I buy a bit more than I was actually hungry for, so it spills over into Monday and Tuesday. And so my good intentions of eating well during the week go out the door.

I would love to figure out the right combination of food and supplements for my body though. Getting in the best shape of my life would definitely help me feel better about myself.

Today’s favorite workout music pick:

Lovin’ that bass!

Plus, it’s dark, fits my name. :slight_smile:

I did one run of my stack today.

My lower back is totally fatigued from that kettlebell right now. It’s not yet midnight and I’m getting ready for bed, so I guess I did it again. Heading in the right direction. Can’t tell you if Dragon has anything to do with it or if it is simply me wanting to prove subs work for me to. In the end, does it really matter as long as I get the results I want?

Now if I could only find more time to read the forum…

1 Like

@DarkPhilosopher I love the type of writing you’re doing here. Have you considered getting a professional writing editor tool? (e.g. Grammarly Premium)

@DarkPhilosopher - are you on ST1 of Dragon Reborn? Or are you doing another stage? Stack of DR + something else?