Can't find speaker frequency

Most sellers don’t list speakers’ frequency range and even going to a company’s official website often yields nothing. Very frustrating.

I’m trying to buy a bluetooth speaker by JBL called simply SD18. But I can’t find the frequency anywhere.

Is it safe to assume that it goes up to at least 20 kHz? I’m worried about buying something that only goes up to 18 kHZ.

3 Likes

I’ve actually found the frequency for the speaker you mentioned, it’s about 150Hz to 20Khz. Though I couldn’t find it on the official JBL website, which concerns me as it may be a counterfeit item. Most companies will list their speaker frequency though this may not be the case for companies in China.

2 Likes

I don’t think the one I’m looking at is counterfeit. I think maybe this is just an old model JBL doesn’t make anymore.

Thanks so much for finding the frequency! I know 20 kHz is what’s needed for the top range. Is 150 Hz good for the low range?

3 Likes

I’m not sure about that, you have to ask @Fire or @SaintSovereign about it. Though if you’re using ultrasonics exclusively then it shouldn’t be a problem as it’s between 16KHz to 20KHz.

3 Likes

I use masked but this speaker will only have ultrasonic playing on it. Guess I’m good!

3 Likes