Audio Player Resampling

Does audio resampling by audio player, be it decoder or audio resamplers types affect subliminals? Even Morphic fields etc

There’s a chance of it messing it up, yes. I wouldn’t risk it as the company couldn’t be accountable for any odd results or weird things that happen as a result.

1 Like

What’s the best audio player for Android to run subs then?

My personal favorite is VLC, mainly as I’ve used that for years in different incarnations. I’m on iPhone now so just use Apple Music for the convenience of the cloud syncing.

But VLC is good in my opinion. Assuming they’re still around for Android

1 Like

Any standard audio player will do. I have a Samsung phone and the Samsung Music app works well for me.

I would advice you to not complicate things when it comes to the subliminals over here. There is no best music app just as there is no best headphone. There could be better options yes but the difference is insignificant.

2 Likes

In Linux, with PulseAudio, the default resampling setting is horrible and designed that way to maintain compatibility to the greatest extent possible. PipeWire resolves this, so Fedora (and the next Ubuntu LTS release) will do fine.

In other modern operating systems, resampling should be of high enough quality to not affect sublimininals.

In Windows, you can set the resampling quality in the (old) Control Panel. On my computer, the optimal setting is 24-bit / 48,000 Hz. There are ways to find out what suits your computer best. Resampling is only done when an audio device runs in shared mode, though, I think.

Then there’s of course the potential of resampling in the audio players as you mention. I think VLC on both the PC and Android phone is fine.