Are protein powders recommended?

What do you think about taking protein powders?

I’ve taken them many years ago and never had a problem, but the brands I took in the last year made me feel uncomfortable somewhere in the digestive system (I can’t pinpoint exactly where).

Maybe it’s the fact that I’m more intolerant to things that are bad to me, or maybe I just didn’t find a good brand, so I would like to know other people’s opinions.

2 Likes

Can you please move this to the Questions and Comments section?

Done.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Not necessary, especially if it’s causing you issues. Learn to cook and make chicken/beef. Much more beneficial and nutritious, can be done in 10 minutes.

5 Likes

They are alright, I mostly use it for quick protein shakes when I don’t have time to cook.

1 Like

60-70% of my protein intake of the day comes from Whey Protein .

My appetite simply wont allow me to hit the macros for the day . :man_shrugging:

If you are able to hit your macros with whole foods , then I think , there is no need for Protein Powders .

As someone who can’t go to sleep at night without his shaker bottle and who consumes protein powder for breakfast, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, appetizer, and dinner… this thread warms my heart in a way that raises metabolism and increases protein muscle synthesis. Go on my brother. Become the absolute fucking unit of a gigachad that you deserve to be.

1 Like

Wow man how much do you take it daily? I use 40gram
Wouldn’t be harmful consuming too much?
Edit: lol I drank my protein powder, now after reading this I’m taking again

Treat them as a supplement to your diet your. Get protein from food, they have a better overall nutritious profile.

Get whey protein isolate instead of concentrate, or blends, if you’re using whey protein and not vegan ones. Isolate causes less stomach issues, at least for me.

Also, Gelatin powder, 1tbsp in your shake, does wonders to your whole digestive system and more such as better nutrients absorption. 2-5g of Glutamine powder is also something else to consider, as well as fermented food/pro and prebiotic. Some people benefit from glycine, didn’t work for me though.

Finally, psyllium husk before bed and you’re smooth the next day.

If you train like an athlete multiple times a day, then you will probably need more protein than the average sedentary person.

I personally make protein bars using whey protein and eat them throughout the day, lol.

Just use common sense and know your body.

Never try to copy someone else, only you know what’s best for you, unique to your own needs and how your body works.

2 Likes