Another Recon Wonder

If we are experiencing unpleasant recon, yet it is manageable, is it going to hurt progress or growth or transformation?

Does less unpleasant recon translate to more development, or is it inconsequential?

In other words, should I still aim to reduce recon even if I cope with it ok?

Thereā€™s no extra growth to be found in needlessly making yourself suffer.
If youā€™re reconning, go shorter loops or more rest days. You want results without feeling shitty.

5 Likes

Recon imperils growth indirectly only, meaning it can make you temporarly incapable of taking certain action that would propel your growth otherwise.

For example, you want to go out tonight in order to seduce women yet recon is making you socially awkward and that would diminish your results with the women.

Itā€™s up to you how much of it you want to tolerate.

I try to manage recon only whet itā€™s been lingering for at least two weeks or is impairing me too much. I do it by washouts or decreasing the exposure.

I personally view recon as a indicator of growth, as growth. As something is happening and changing. Youā€™re mind is going through things like it would when you go outside your comfort zone!

Like the pain and soreness after a good leg day. But itā€™s a bit more complex to navigate since itā€™s not a direct physical soreness that you can pinpoint to ā€œahh my legā€. Itā€™s in the mind.

Anxiety. Fatigue. Stress.

I recommend to find a sweet spot, where you listen enough to get some manageable recon. Where it doesnā€™t hinder you too much to do the things you want to do or need to do in your day to day.

I find taking a walk and breathing deep breaths of fresh air helps.
Journaling.
Breathwork / Meditation
Water

Basic self-care to not stand in the way of the process.

But itā€™s process that takes place with growth and you canā€™t avoid it.

Imo

1 Like

I would Imagine your awareness and intention would be important keys here.

What you want to accomplish through subs is reprogramming of you behaviour, being, thoughts, emotions & what you manifest to be in a certain way.

When recon hits you itā€™s your inner imbalance (from genes, old programming, traumas, limiting beliefs etc.) surfacing to resist this new programming because they contradict what you trying to instil.

Ordinary people that lacks awareness of this mechanic would not take responsibility and might be absorbed by what comes up & and might fall into despair.

But you work with your awareness, see this recon state as a temporary phase that you need to let go/transmute and hold onto your new way of being -that you choose- though your intention.

I do not feel recon. Just like I donā€™t feel the subs.

Recon is not necessary to get results.

4 Likes

Kindly elaborate on it a bit more. I remember you mentioning it a couple of times.

1 Like

Personally, I think that recon can be a potentiator for growth. Once you reconcile that which needs to be reconciled, youā€™ll move forward towards your goals.

That is all assuming that this is not a self-inflicted recon from misuse.

1 Like

I donā€™t know how to describe it, since there just isnā€™t anything.

Back in the day (pre ZP) I would feel more thirsty, but thatā€™s about it.

With these short listening times, I simply donā€™t notice anything.

Not complaining though. Helps me to keep shiny object syndrome in check.

And I do get plenty of results. (This is a disclaimer to people here who do not know my history. My results have been life-changing).

6 Likes

What happens if you listen to full loops. Do you feel the sub then or get recon. How does that affect your results?

2 Likes

Feel free to try it then let us know :joy:
In my opinion, since I used to do that, youā€™d be constantly fatigued with possibly recon and might get subpar results.

Thatā€™s how I usually run them.

No recon. Or fatigue.

Iā€™m now experimenting with the micro loops but I havenā€™t noticed any difference.

When I see this kind of threads, I tell how the subs work for me. Just in case there are others like me.

You can get great results without feeling anything.

Just assume they work and keep taking action.

1 Like

I was asking Hoppa, because he said-

So I thought he meant he was micro looping.

I am familiar with what happens on full loops. Itā€™s interesting that Iā€™ve heard reported that some people get more recon with less listening time, than the full loop.

Iā€™m on DR Multistage Level 1, second cycle, so yeah, itā€™s a bit of a rough ride so far. Not as tough as ZPv1. I compared the two and notice less recon on ZPv2, which makes sense, as that was one of the improvements, but I wanted to prove to myself. Sometimes we are hard of hearing (not just with ears) or slow to learn.

I have more respect for @James now, since he stuck at this for a while. Not sure if he completed all the way, but hey thatā€™s quite some effort.

2 Likes

I was comparing to the old tech, when I would run the subs up to 20h a day in the background.

1 Like

Recon is not the point of working with subliminals; just like soreness is not the point of physical workouts.

It happens sometimes.

But itā€™s neither the good guy nor the bad guy.

Itā€™s simply not the point.

If we combine what @Palpatine says and what @Hoppa is saying, I feel that we get the above takeaway.

Hereā€™s all you need to do (continually):

1. Clarify your desires and intentions
  2. Look for useful, actionable ways, methods, and resources for bringing those desires and intentions into reality
  3. Play your subliminals as you actively engage with those ways, methods, and resources

Thatā€™s the entire equation, and thereā€™s not much more to it.

But, of course, weā€™re humans and we do live immersed in continual sensations, all day, every day. Sensations are like the scenery or the landscape that we experience as we travel along our path. They are not the point of our journey, but they are intimately and inseparably part of our journey. They can give us useful information, but they are still not ā€˜the pointā€™.

They are usually more reactions than causes.

Take them as respected companions along the way but donā€™t let them distract you.

Imagine that we are travelling cross-country by train. The train tracks give us a fixed, stable course, and as long as the tracks and the train itself are in good repair and well-maintained, and as long as the various trains are on schedule and well-coordinated; it is very certain that we will reach our destination smoothly and safely.

Once we have ensured that the train, the tracks, and the coordination are all well-organized, we can get on the train in confidence that all is proceeding well.

We get on the train. We find our seat. Itā€™s comfortable. We packed and prepared well. We have snacks, reading materials, entertainment, and whatever else we will need. The trip will be successful.

Now, we look out the window. Sometimes we see a plain. Sometimes rivers. Sometimes mountains. Sometimes populated cities. Sometimes we see something beautiful. Sometimes something we donā€™t like.

All of that is the scenery, and lets us know about the places weā€™re traversing. For some people on the train, observing or learning about the scenery is one of their main joys of train travel, and why they chose this mode of transportation. Others actually choose to close the windows completely. They are not interested in the landscape, and only focus on their own entertainments and tasks, and on reaching their ultimate destination at the end of the trip.

Either approach, or anything in between, is fine. The ultimate point of the whole thing is that in getting on this train, you will be transported from point A to point B. At point B, you will get off the train and continue on with your life.

Hope that you see the metaphor here.

The sensations of recon, of excitement, of hope, of desire, etc. These are the scenery and the landscape of your subliminal journey. Itā€™s probably a good idea to pay attention to them, but they are not the engine that drives the train.

Therefore:

5 Likes