Affirmations and Subliminal Use - Useful Combination?

We can talk about this here if you wish.

2 Likes

Okay, so if we want to discuss this properly, it will require defining ‘affirmations’ and the mechanisms by which they work.

I’m willing to take this is a straightforward description:

See if you agree with it or want to add anything to it.

1 Like

@MadaraUchiha

This post from @SaintSovereign supports your view.

It was my understanding that it’s not recommended to use other(sub) products. But I was not aware that we should not say daily affirmations. I regularly look in the mirror and say affirmations, when I’m doing my spirtual practices I’m saying affirmations (chants). When I write down my goals I read them out loud when I meditate I do the same I thought it was a great tool and a way to and externalize positivity and to put some effort into bettering myself.

5 Likes

To me, it’s a question of nuance.

The way that you’re using affirmations is (I suspect) responsive, flexible, and organic. It’s a way of remembering your guiding principles, values, and ideals; and aligning/re-aligning yourself with them in daily life. This style is easily intuitable from the overall quality of your expression and the content of your posts.

Others might, in contrast, attempt to use affirmations in a very forceful, artificial, and intense way. Attempting to dominate and subdue the mind into ‘obedience’. Removing the ‘listening’ and ‘observing’ element, and focusing on rigidly goal-oriented ‘control’.

For such people combining that kind of practice with subliminals would be ill-advised.

(But we also have to acknowledge: a person who would use affirmations in this way, is very likely to be applying a similar approach to other activities and parts of their life. And if you think that style is not influencing your subconscious mind…you’ve got some more studying to do.)

Reading between the lines (and sometimes just literally reading the lines themselves), we can see that subliminals can be harmonious with a wide variety of practices. For example, As Above, So Below, Alchemist, Metamorphosis, Energetic Development XI, and so on are explicitly stated to be extremely helpful with energy practices (qigong, reiki, etc.). All energy practices intimately involve interaction with subconscious processes.

2 Likes

I never really noticed it until now but I usually get the urge to say them even more after I listen to the subs and they are aligned with the objectives of the sub I listened to it almost feels like whatever I just listened to is processing and then coming out verbally hope that makes sense. But this was a good discussion just discovered a few things. I’ve been up for over 24 hours now so I’m going to get some rest :pray:t4:

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten a chance to read through the replies to this one, but…

All I’ve seen Saint and/or Fire say about the use of affirmations with a title of theirs is that the use of affirmations is obsolete due to the programming already being introduced (loose rephrasing, I think it was a @Fire post).

I’m not sure how affirming one’s desired reality can hurt their results.

For me personally, I have a phrase or two that I use on a daily, as needed basis and have been doing so since before I joined. I affirm experiences I want to have. I affirm the way my day will go (when I’m not being lazy). Hell, I even affirm getting results from my stack :man_shrugging:t4:

In my experience though: Subclub Titles > most of my affirmations from back when, in terms of results. However. There’s a lot to be said for the power of the spoken word that I simply don’t see any mechanical device, regardless of how sophisticated it may be, surpassing totally.

After all. Legends say that the Creator spoke Light into existence as its ‘first act’.

3 Likes

here is a clear post by saint against it.

at this point there is really nothing left to say,

as i suspected the creators do NOT recommend this so now its up to you to decide if you are going to follow their recommendations or not.

i actually would like your opinion on another matter please.

which product would you recommend for me to deal with my chronic procrastination.

to avoid confusion, let me define what i mean by procrastination.

procrastination = the inability to make myself do what i know i need to do

basically, i wake up every day knowing exactly which tasks i need to complete to get closer to my financial goal but for some reason i cannot make myself do these tasks.

This has been a problem for me for a long time and a lot of it is probably because i have ADHD.

Products i have already tried that did NOT help with this problem include: mogul ZP, minds eye ZP, rich ultima and ZP, emperor QV2 and ZP, EOG stage 4 ZP and beyond limitless ultima.

up next on my list of products to try to solve this problem include ascended mogul ZP, commander ZP, Stark ZP, khan stage 3 ZP, khan stage 4 ZP and limitless ZP.

what would be your advice?

which product do you think i should try next to solve this problem>

i do NOT like using more then 1 product at a time but im starting to think maybe i will need to combine products to solve this problem so im open to it.

1 Like

[opinion follows]

(uhh…I went long again. If you want to get to the practical conclusion, it’s the last italicized bit way down there at the bottom.)

(First, The Principle)
One helpful way of framing Procrastination is as a motivation issue.

But not the motivation issue that people often say it is.

People often frame procrastination as a problem of ‘insufficient motivation’ or ‘insufficiently-focused motivation’. I guess we’re both familiar with that.

But what if the problem is that you have too much motivation? Or too many motivations?

In other words, let’s say you’re on a journey and your motivation is to travel eastwards. Yet, each day when you wake up, you find that you’re either 1) going in circles or 2) traveling northwards.

So, you conclude that you are procrastinating. And it’s a reasonable conclusion.

But what if what is actually going on is that in addition to being motivated to travel to the east; you are also motivated to travel to the west and also to the northwest?

Those other motivations are quite strong. But you have judged them to be unworthy and so you push them out of awareness. What happens to things that we push out of consciousness? Where do they go? You guessed it.

So, when, in the name of Discipline and Focus, we are consistently pushing our feelings, intentions, motivations, and emotions out of awareness; they continue to influence us and to guide our choices. The only difference is that they now do it from behind the scenes and seem very mysterious. (They’re not.)

One Solution:

Allow all of your motivations to be heard and to receive some attention. By hearing and recognizing them you invite them into the open and take ownership of them. This is true responsibility and discipline. (As opposed to ignoring, neglecting, and denying the parts of our minds and selves that do not match our preferred standards.)

When you listen respectfully to someone with whom you disagree, it is often still very possible to work fruitfully together. This is not only true for other people (interpersonally); it is also true for the various parts of ourselves (intra-personally). Sometimes bullying or forcefulness works. We can yell someone else or a part of ourselves into submission. Many times, however, it doesn’t work. In those cases, engagement and understanding can be the cure.

A Suggestion

Apply subliminals that help you to listen respectfully to the different parts of yourself. That help you to open up to the diverse range of your intrinsic, internal motivations. A person is not a simple unified being. We are assembled committees. For any goal that you have, there are parts of you who are not on board with it. And you know what? Those parts often have good reasons. But at the end of the day, it’s the part of you that is called “Executive Function” that gets to make the final choice. It is not all-powerful, but it has the burden and the privilege to weight all of the pros and cons and to choose a direction.

The better that it is at connecting to, listening to, and integrating all of the parts of you is the more effectively it will do its job.

Too Long Didn’t Read (this may seem quite odd):

You might try Alchemist. Or a similar program. Maybe Dragon Reborn.

These programs are about connecting with the various parts that comprise you, and they’re about integrating your being.

The more that your being is harmoniously integrated, the more that your intrinsic motivations and naturally-occurring impulses can be allies and not enemies.

(As that integration process develops more and more, you’ll find yourself getting increased benefits even from the programs that you were running ‘unsuccessfully’ in the past.)

That was really long. Sorry @MadaraUchiha, typing such a long post was not intentional. (It’s also because I’m on a deadline right now and it’s easier to just pour everything out in one go. Paradoxically, when I have more time, my posts tend to be shorter.)

3 Likes

thank you for posting such an in depth comment.

i think i understand what you are saying and it is true.

but the problem is that i do NOT have a choice.

what do i mean?

yes like you say i have other motivations.

for example, im actually a very simple person of what i enjoy doing to be happy, i like sex, i like sports,i like sci fi movies, nothing expensive

But at the end of the day i am an adult and i need to start having kids soon and i also have a lot charitable causes i strongly believe in…these things will require a lot of money.

so i have no choice but to work.

my understanding of your post is that im procrastinating because i have other things i want to do then chase money.

this is correct but it does NOT change the fact that i have to work and make money because i am an adult.

your post almost sounds like me working is optional.

im fully aware that im have other things i wish i could be doing but does not change the fact that im going to need a lot of money for the big family i have planned and the charitable causes i want to help.

working is NOT optional.

2 Likes

That is actually extremely reasonable.

I want to respond now, but won’t have time for another few hours. :woozy_face:

This only proves your point. Work is not optional.

Anyway, this will give me a chance to reflect on your points for a longer time, and hopefully respond in a coherent manner. And in the meantime, maybe someone else will have something useful to add.

2 Likes

ok thank you for your time.

QL may be a good option and could help with ADHD I have ADHD as well plan on running this program next it’s dense and will help long term I deal with Procrastination to but I think for different reasons as @Malkuth stated the cause for me is being pulled in multiple directions at once and it gets so overwhelming I just stall.

A few reason why I think QL would be a good option especially when dealing with adhd

Before unleashing the power of Quantum, your whole nervous system (and not just the brain) needs to be in an optimal condition. This means extensive repairs of physical damages, rebalancing of hormones and nutrients, restoration of optimal functioning, rewiring of existing neural patterns for higher efficiency, preparation for new, even more optimized neural connections, strengthening of existing areas and creation of new connections.

achieve full balance, both of your hemispheres will become closer, enjoying a much more rapid communication between the two sides of your brain, while also bringing closer together your conscious and subconscious mind.

Do you feel overwhelmed or exhausted when it comes to achieving your goals ? I find that doing one small task consistently everyday then building onto that little by little each week helps me achieve the big goal eventually. I also tell myself to not feel guilt or shame when I don’t achieve something because that in itself can weigh you down and makes it hard to stay motivated.
The info and explanation of Procrastination in this video helped me to understand what Procrastination really is and how to deal with it and myself

4 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you!!! This has opened my eyes how to deal with procrastination. I will work on this. Blessed be.:pray:

1 Like

After letting these ideas and questions sit for a while, I do not have anything very dramatic to add. I think that the basic situation is as you’ve described it.

We have the tension between our aspirations and our obligations. Things that we feel that we must do and things that we deeply and intrinsically want to do.

Personally, I find the area between them, and the task of integrating them to be one of the most meaningful and powerful sites for self-development.

It may not always be easy or obvious how to reconcile and integrate these two (and more than two) parts of life, but it is always worth the effort.

It may not feel like a game, but it is a game in the sense that it is a series of puzzles to be solved. And like many puzzles, there are multiple ways to approach it.

In my own path of work, I’ve tended toward the more cautious and conservative side of things. I believe that I could have made choices that would have led to greater passion, enthusiasm, and aliveness in my work. I even (often) think that some of those choices would have led to greater financial rewards.

But our personalities are also non-negotiable components of these puzzles. (The puzzles of Intrinsic Motivation and Meaning vs. External Obligations, Requirements and Pressures.)

I have worked at these puzzles for years. And you know what? I’ve actually made significant progress.

Subliminal Club has been a definite part of this journey for me.

One key is to be able to engage Subjective Time. Subjective Time is the perceptual-experiential correlate to Clock Time. It’s the way we relate experientially to the flow of events.

Clock Time cannot really be easily negotiated with or changed (unless you have access to light-speed travel). Subjective Time, however, can be. On very simple levels all the way up to very complex levels.

One simple point: If you can expand your Scope of subjective time, difficult things become easy.

To say this more clearly:

Is learning a handstand difficult or easy?
Is learning mandarin Chinese as a foreign language difficult or easy?
Is training to run a triple marathon difficult or easy?

In all three cases, the answer depends on the time frame you are applying.

In a 3- to 10-year time frame, all of those tasks can be easy.

But subjectively we are often inflexible in the time frames that we are able to apply. We can talk about long time-frames but there’s a limit to the length of time-frame that we can actually feel or maintain in imagination. We tend to unconsciously default to our habitual time-frames. And this makes certain tasks appear very difficult while others appear easy.

That, by the way, is one of the applications of the module Khronos Key in the Q subliminal store. It helps you to become more flexible and powerful in influencing and applying subjective time.

I’m not trying to sell it. I’m just making a point. (There are actually a number of modules in the Q store that directly pinpoint time and time management goals and issues.)

We can also develop our subjective time capacities without using a subliminal. My point is just to say that this is another dimension or perspective on the ‘puzzles’ that I’ve mentioned above. And on the overall issue of ‘procrastination’.

A fool makes one mistake and labels it ‘Failure’.

A wise person makes a mistake and labels it ‘Practice’ or ‘Learning’.

The only difference between the two? Where each one drew the finish-line.

I’m currently meditating on the above principle.

4 Likes

These are wise words. Thank you.:pray:

2 Likes

Wow this is the discovery I had this week while dealing with recon (Mogul) and I realized that I do need to go back to school and learn some new skills for what it is I want to achieve. I questioned myself why do I think it’s unachievable? I really had to be realistic and honest with myself a complete reality check that was long overdue and trying to ignore. I put to much pressure on myself thinking I can accomplish things over night when its to complicated i get overwhelmed and give up and feel like a failure. Why because i put the pressure on myself to achieve somthing that may be hard to achieve in a short amount of time but if mapped out with a plan and given a realistic and practical timeframe then its much more obtainable and is much easier to achieve. Boom!!!now the Procrastination is gone I’m doing things little by little each day to reach my ultimate career goals giving myself time and mapping out a 10 year plan and I feel so relieved no pressure just motivation, focus and drive.
It’s crazy you just wrote this because this is the exact convo me and my sis just had a few hours ago :open_mouth:. Great post!!! @Malkuth

1 Like

Here’s another one. (I know this but I don’t yet know it.)

Money is not a reward or a punishment. People who get it aren’t better. People who lack it aren’t worse.

You don’t have to wait for your “Big Plan” to be complete to get money. You can often find ways to get paid to carry out your plan. You can receive money along the way.

The “Big Plan” is about getting your life right. (It’s actually more important than money.)

But you can get money along the way.

1 Like

Agree 100 % :pray:t4::raised_hands:t5: it’s funny how you started this thread. How one question / Debate led to this almost like that situation was a vessel used to bring me the words i needed to hear. What you stated in your previous post and the way you broke it down hit me hard like a game changer in the way I think about things going forward( revolutionary)I can’t even say in words how I needed that confirmation and clarity. Yes the synchronicities are flowing in definitely. Im also starting to understand how the subs can manifest mentors, people, knowledge and situations that help you obtain your goals im seeing it right before my eyes. And to stay on topic with the post i feel like saying my daily affirmations such as i am successful, focused and deserving of having a joyful life has really kept me in line and motivated as well and helped me snap out of recon much faster. THANKS as always :blush:

1 Like