About the 3 minutes listening pattern

Looking around the forums I noticed that some users have been using this way of listening to the ZP subs for only 3 minutes for some time now. From what I understand this is not official advice, but some users have gained some benefits from it like reduced recon and better results from their stacks. I would be curious to ask for who knows, what advantages there are to listening to such a method and if it was recommended to be done despite being an experimental thing (?).

Could someone please explain this 3 minute listening thing in full?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Some info regarding this from SaintSovereign:

2 Likes

In my experience the benefits of listening to 3 or 5 mins are no overload whatsoever even though technically I was listening to three subs back to back; little recon, fast acting/expression of the script (first time listening to Chosen it worked on me within an hour).

However, the less stellar side of it are the effects of the subs faded away/didn’t make a deep impact (LD 15 mins was working very well, once it was lowered to 3/5/7 mins the effects were subsided/not as impactful, and any washout longer than 6 days would see the effects gone).

What I seemed to conclude was the impact ratio positively linked to the total listening time. So if one listens to 3/5 mins he may need to run it more often, e.g. every other day instead of more rest days in between, more consistent with more cycles, e.g. more than two.

3 Likes

I would honestly encourage everyone to start with 15 minutes and if it’s not working start experimenting. I use 3 minutes but it’s out of necessity. I’ve always been a bit of an outlier with these subs so I’ve had to make things work for myself that weren’t in the listed suggestions.

What I can say is it’s more about the input stage for me. Meaning my mind and body have a threshold for stimulus. Once this is crossed I start having negative effects. I can give a better idea of how I determine this. At about the 3 minute mark when listening to ZP I can feel my nervous system start to activate more and my muscles tense up a bit. This is the warning for me that I’m on the threshold of pushing beyond what I can handle. In the past when I forced myself to listen for 15 minutes I’d hit this point and then my mind would start dissociating if I went beyond. My ignorant self of the past thought this was a sign I was trying to run from the sub and I needed to force myself more.

So here’s the interesting part. About 2-3 hours after listening to the sub the processing really hits me. The input stage can be very deceptive. I can override it a bit to get more exposure, but it really bites me in the ass later. What I’ve found is 3 minutes is just enough so later I’m not going through hell.

All this with a massive disclaimer. I don’t believe this is typical. But it’s important to listen to the signals your body gives you on ZP. To further complicate things I have no idea if this is the tech or the content of the sub for me.

2 Likes

The simple fact is that if 3 minutes were the way to go, all subs would be at 3 mins by default.

I’m running my entire stack today at 7 mins each, but that’s because it’s a truly dense run for today. Rebirth, two core custom and AsCh all back to back.

1 Like

Did anybody tried the 3/5/7/10 min listening schedule with customs???

If yes

What is your experience??

Thank you for sharing

2 Likes

Can someone really get results from three minutes? I am still struggling with " less is more "

Seems so counterproductive

Yes! I’m running my customs at 5 minuter. It seems that I get the whole script, but take a little longer to express the cores.

3 Likes

I tried 3 minutes several times. It seemed it did not work so much. 5 minutes are better. Actually, I think with increasing minutes it would be probably better and better but here is the thing. For me, more listening times mean worse sleep so I have had to find a compromise. 5-7 minutes is probably the best for me.

2 Likes

Thank you Gemstone.
I try 10min of my custom and see what it brings me

1 Like

Do people here prefer to listen at night or during the day? For me, the majority of the results seem to come around several hours after the loop.

So, perhaps, listening at night will have some benefits in that regard.

I prefer to lisen at daytime because I feel the effects from the 2nd second I play the loop and I love to expirience the changes

Okay, I have been using it in the morning. You could say, I’m still somewhat in a passive dreamlike state during that time.

I notice effects mostly after an hour and onward from there.

It also comes with background sleepiness where it feels like I could take a nap at any moment, @Leandros is your experience similar?

Only with my Dragon Reborn ST4/Elixir custom.

But sleepiness is a sing of overload
Maybe cut down the minutes your listening to the subs

I am doing it as well from now on.
I go with 10 min this cycle

Sounds a bit like overexposure. Would advice to take another rest day and then start cutting down some minutes like @Leandros said. Also look at the subs in general. For me I can run CFW for 15min without any recon or tiredness. But with DR ST4 I can run 7-10 minutes, when I do 15min I get mad recon. Goodluck!

1 Like

I have literally taken 9 days off, lol.

1 Like

Yes, agreed, this has been the case for me as well, some programs I can expose to fully, others not at all…

That’s fully OK.
I did 2 weeks after my firs loop Dragon Reborn st2
Then 8 days after the second loop.

Relax, you just need more time.

What are you running?

A Custom and Primal Seduction hee hee

1 Like

I find Primal Seduction a very dense sub.
Whats in your custom?