Which headphone would be best for subliminals?

With ZP subliminals, headphones don’t matter much as long as they cost more than 5 to 10 dollars (a decent pair).

But if you want to uograde, there was a list of premium headphones made during those Ultima days (since Ultimas worked best with these headphones):

2 Likes

Iam using the WH-1000XM3 and been very satisfied with it. Be sure to switch off noise canceling and ambient sound off when you are listening to a sub.
XM3 would also be a good choice and saves money. The XM3 is better than the XM5 in some respects and vice versa. Here is a comparison of both systems.

The XM3 have a significantly better noise isolation performance, especially when it comes to the low rumble of bus engines, are more comfortable, and are better-built.
They also support aptX and aptX HD for high audio quality via Bluetooth.

Hope it helps a bit.

2 Likes

I use bone-conduction Aeropex and like the results.
When compared with my Sennheiser studio-phones I prefer the Aeropex.

1 Like

I’ve seen a noticeble difference with nuratrue
They are earbuds though

1 Like

I use a WH-1000XM2 - do I have to switch off noise cancelling too? I thought that noise cancelling just filters off outside noise but not the sound that is playing

I have used Subs only for three weeks and seen first results, so the headphones must be okay even with noise cancelling switched on.

1 Like

This was discussed before and isnt recommended. Better turn it all off to be on the safe side.

4 Likes

That’s interesting… and makes me wonder if I have to turn off ANC (Active Noise Cancelling) that’s set by default on my Nuratrue?

@RVconsultant @SaintSovereign

1 Like

Ooops, I did not know that. I’ll turn it off when starting the next cycle after my 5 days pause.

1 Like

I have a pair of bayerdynamic DT 770 - they are a little older but excellent studio headphones - how about them?

1 Like

They should be perfectly fine.

1 Like

yes better is that and its not a big deal :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Some people claim BT doesn’t degrade their experience but I wouldn’t count on it… compressing the signals etc

Anyone use earbuds/headphones that have CVC?

CVC is short for “Clear Voice Capture” . It’s designed primarily for phone calls, but can also be used for podcasts and teleconferences. The purpose of CVC is to filter out background noise, so people can hear your voice more easily. If you’re on a phone call in a loud environment, it makes a huge difference in call quality. There have been several versions of CVC as the technology advanced. Currently, the latest version of CVC is CVC 8.0.

I bought the Between pro earbuds based off of Fridays posts about it. There is no ANC in it. I looked at nuratrue but 6 hour play time is pathetic.

@SaintSovereign have you tested any buds with CVC? Do you know if this technology vibes well with subs?

Seeing the above quote, it would appear it works great but I’m curious if you’ve tested it vs. ANC.

I’ve had zero issues myself, great results too.

I haven’t tried it, but I’ve heard some noise canceling technologies can mess with ultrasonic subliminals. Masked should be fine.

So Masked should work fine with ANC?

1 Like

Think the confusion is now perfect. :upside_down_face:

I would keep any noise cancellation off.

3 Likes

So from the support page reading this:

The following headsets and earbuds have been extensively tested by the Subliminal Club team and are certified to produce both superior results and/or a comfortable listening experience. Please note that you do NOT need these headphones to get results from our products — this list is for those looking to enhance and invest in their subliminal use. This list will be upgraded regularly, so please check back.

What I understand is that with the new tech ZP is not needed of (official example: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro), which were necessary for the old tech Ultima.
Then with ZP we can use decent/clear pairs (my examples: Pioneer SE-CH5T, Jabra Evolve HSC017), and by decent/clear I mean no bass boost, no filters etc.
And doing this we have the SAME results.

Is this correct?
@SaintSovereign
@Fire
@RVconsultant

Thank you!

2 Likes

Yes, the main reason (from what I remember) for the flat response headphones was for Ultima.

1 Like

Yes, makes sense. Thanks!