This could be my imagination but

Yesterday I increased the volume a bit on the masked ZP track I was running and I feel it definitely made a difference
It wasn’t painfully loud but still louder than I have run a sub in the past

10 Likes

Was this increase with earbuds or speakers?

1 Like

Headphones

1 Like

That makes sense. Username SaintSovereign has mentioned that different people respond better to different volumes, as well as different formats.

“Yes. Volume and format can change results. Listening to a mask loud can affect your results. I listen to masked at a quiet volume as listening too loud triggers recon. Might try it again though now that ZP is out.”

6 Likes

That last post resonates well. I feel like I’m just shy of reconciliation.

2 Likes

Really???

2 Likes

That’s a quote from username SaintSovereign. Here’s a link to it.

2 Likes

Yes, volume does matter.

5 Likes

Thank you 2 alot

1 Like

Thanks for the post jcast, I’m rerunning r.I.c.h. Louder. I’ve got a new goal. Let’s see if louder works!

3 Likes

You’re welcome

I honestly didn’t realize how much of a difference a bump in the the volume makes
I feel like I am starting a new journey of self discovery. This is going to be fun and fascinating
I feel like I will finally find out who I really am

5 Likes

So I’ve been using the sony wh-1000xm3 headset in the noise cancellation mode, I have very little to no outside noise coming in… my volume range has been in the “1st few red zone range” (android phone/Note 10+).

I will run AM and Emp just below that Red zone, see if that makes any difference. currently at the above-mentioned level or I’ve done a bit higher I feel this choking feeling by the end of the track. Volume must definitely be playing a role here.

Personally, I don’t mind a “brute force” method… given how impatient I get with subs Sighs

2 Likes

Be careful with NC Mode also with masked files they could be messed up.
I am using my wh-1000xm3 with NC and ambient off.

1 Like

@FireDragon so I’m still learning these settings are from Power on

First press “Ambient Sound”
2nd press “Ambient sound control Off”
3rd press “NC”

I assume when you say “with NC and ambient off” you are on the 3rd press? correct me if I am wrong, since the 3rd press is after the ambient sound off and then NC?

1 Like

no its the second ambient off it includes nc off. 3rd is nc on.

1 Like

okay so you are saying to listen to it on the 2nd press, but do you recommend that for masked? I am 99.9 percent on with the silent versions.

Saint recommended it for ultrasonic and masked.

1 Like

Thank you! I just re-read this and I am testing the as we speak now. when In NC I never really noticed much of that silent freq sound, I can hear it now… I wonder if that was why I’ve been having slightly different feelings for the past 2 listening sessions. I’ve been screwing up the file… hmm

@FireDragon thank you for this!!!

1 Like

:+1: You are welcome

BTW you can also use ambient on. This causes no problems its similiar to the transparent mode on the airpods.

1 Like