Quantum Learning Journal

Wow, it’s been a long time since I’ve been on here. Just under a year in fact since I’ve updated my Khan journal. Since my successful run with Khan, I decided a year ago to quit all unnecessary Internet activities and really focus without distractions on my goals. It’s been an interesting time, but I decided to come back to the forum since I’m ready to start a new leg.

I’ve just started grad school and boy, have I been taking a beating just in the first couple of weeks. I was getting a little desperate and then I remembered I had something up my sleeve that might help for some intensive studying. I bought Quantum Limitless when it first came out and started running ST1 for a very brief time. Back then in undergrad, I didn’t really seem to need the extra boost. I’m not the smartest or best student, not by a long shot, but I made a lot of friends in undergrad that always pulled me through classes. So I stopped QL without really giving it a chance because I thought I could manage with it.

Grad school is a completely different experience. I’m basically on my own. Have to set my own deadlines, make my own goals, and with quarantine, study on my own. Suffice it to say, I’m not having the greatest time right now.

So I’ve decided to start a new run of QL now with higher stakes. I’m hoping to see some big changes in the coming months and that this journal will be useful to others working through their academics.

5 Likes

I’m glad your on the QLQ journey:)

1 Like

ST1 Day 1:

More calm and focused as I work. I tend to procrastinate a lot, but the urge to do so seems to be less when running ST1. On the downside, listening to ST1 and studying simultaneously seems to slow down my processing speed. I think I’ll rotate between an hour of study and an hour of ST1 to avoid that conflict.

2 Likes

Thanks, hoping it works as well as Khan did. I would say I have more to rebuild here as opposed to Khan.

You don’t have to listen to the Q subs as much as the old ones.
1-2 times a day is cool. More than 4 is rarely recommended.

:+1:t2:

These are the official guidelines:

4 Likes

Hey thanks for the info @Simon! Guess I’ve fallen a little behind on SubClub’s current state of tech :slight_smile:

1 Like

In terms of improvements

You could think of adding BLU (Beyond Limitless Ultima) to your arrangement if you’re up to it.

It works really well i have to say and Saint says he runs his loops every night for a few weeks and he’s seeing massive cognitive improvement, this might come in handy for grad school tests and crunch periods.

1 Like

Interesting, as far as I understand, the Ultimas are more for short-term rapid changes as opposed to the long-term, semi-permanent major programs?

Depends for me anyway BLU is the only one where you can see long term benefits as far as memory goes.

I don’t agree with BLU being short term changes I would say however that it shows quick changes but the results I would say from what I’ve read stay on even when you stop BLU.

2 Likes

@SaintSovereign has posted about how running multiple loops of BLU has dramatically increased his cognitive abilities.

1 Like

Interesting so then what separates the major programs from the Ultimas? Do they have a synergistic effect?

ST1 Day 2:

So it turns out running QL through a 2 hour lecture makes me incredibly sleepy. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Probably won’t try that out again. :smile:

Still, even when extremely drowsy, I find my memory to be functioning decently. Normally being this sleepy would lead to everything just passing from one ear out the other, but I found my recall was surprisingly good for how dazed my mind was.

I had a bit of an easier time remembering answers to questions too. All my classes are online and it’s basically me and one other guy interacting with the professor while everyone else has their camera and mike off. Oh well, more chances for me to suck up to professors.

Probably going to shoot for 4 loops for today and continue that for the next few days.

1 Like

ST1 Day 3:

The professor today was talking about chaos theory. Classic example is the butterfly effect. You can have a perfectly deterministic system meaning every variable is defined and controllable, but just one small difference in initial conditions can result in a completely different outcome. This can be as minor as a tiny error in measurement.

It’s the small changes that sometimes determine our lives in a big way. And so far I’m getting that subtle change from QL. It’s not a dramatic and overwhelming change, but I feel just that slight nudge to grind out my work from ST1. I guess you could call it motivation, but it’s not the typical rush of excitement I typically associate with motivation. It’s more of a thought in the back of my mind that I could really do more and learn more. It helps me be a little more grounded as I power through the day.

1 Like

ST1 Day 4:

It’s always been a struggle staying focused in class, but even moreso now when all we do is sit in front of a computer. I’ve noticed my memory getting a little better. It’s becoming easier to take notes since my mind can nail down verbatim most of what the professor. Even if I doze off, part of my mind is still keeping up. I need all the help I can get so I think this boost in memory has already justified QL for me and I’m only on ST1.

Ultimas from what I learned is a quick change/instant change in mindset and state (short term usually day from what I’ve read however some go sometimes over the short term, for example, BLU) as for major programs you run them and they take some time before have the final result anticipated (slow but surely you will be getting more results with them/they stay over some long term)

2 Likes

ST1 Day 5:

Feeling a little easier to build momentum. Sometimes I get too complacent after finishing something and find it hard to start the next task. So far, jumping from one goal to the next feels more manageable.

1 Like

Hey, any news?

Yeah, sorry for the lack of updates. I was taking the 2 days off QL when I noticed something different that made me stop at least temporarily. I’ve had OCD for as long back as I can remember, but I’ve made it manageable. Now on the days with no listening I realized that my OCD symptoms were a lot easier to handle when I wasn’t using QL. Today I started back up ST1, and immediately noticed the symptoms getting worse.

This could be part of the rewiring and healing process, but right now I can’t afford too much slowing me down. I’ll try to gradually ease back into a schedule with listening. I don’t recall this similar phenomenon back when I did my Khan journal, so I suspect it’s related to the reprogramming of QL, hence why I’m going to take it slow.