Main Disc. Thread - Q Core v2 Upgrades

I think this right here is something that I, and I’m sure others, should probably keep in mind. Reconciliation is talked about often here, but it is useful to keep in mind that in your interactions with others, we are in a process of growth, change and development. With that comes emotional sensitivity, shifts in our personal awareness and relationships with others and possibly frustration and anger.

I know that I myself have had a lot of things coming up that has resulted in a quicker temper than usual, but mindfulness is the best tool I currently have for not taking it out on my household, random people or here if I see something I disagree with.

With these new upgrades, I have seen multiple people saying that they feel Qv2 hits deeper. I can definitely see it with DIAMOND going harder (pun unapologetically intended) than usual, I can only imagine what my Ascension, or titles like Dragon Reborn and other healing titles are doing to y’all, lol.

Try to be easy on yourselves and others and remember, it’s okay to not be okay.

This too shall pass.

P.S. @Tobyone this wasn’t directed to you lol

11 Likes

I think another trophy needs to be handed out…

:trophy:

Right on man!

Also dude, think back to what you were posting 3 months ago and compare that to what you’re posting now. I’ve noticed a change.

2 Likes

Big things must be coming soon besides the upgrades, they are being pretty quiet this week besides the module release and tease of new store stuff.

2 Likes

No worries, only a younger me might have taken it that way :wink:

1 Like

I run custom Q and standard Ultima 6 days per week.
I feel a lot more hunger, my intake calories are already high as I train heavy, I added 20% plus calories. Lately I hit under 10% body fat.
So, I agree these subs burn a lot.

2 Likes

That’s why I wish subs could work using this method:

BTW: Nice username, glad there are more using the classic SubliminalXYZ name format :smiley:
Roll call: @SubliminalWarrior @SubliminalGuy @SubliminalUser

1 Like

Yes.
Then again that stored energy sustains and fuels a lot of emotional programs (trauma, limiting beliefs).

1 Like

We’re getting slammed with custom orders, everyone, meaning Q has been wrapped up in creating those. As soon as we get a window of availability, we’ll start processing upgrades again.

13 Likes

Just a sidenote suggestion- i think more q powered machines can really help reduce processing time, but you probably aware of it.

They have more than 1 machine, but As far as I can tell only one is operation at the moment.

1 Like

@SaintSovereign

I’m going to make a bold comment in support of what I’m guessing you are already doing. That is, focus on perfecting the technology such that any orders will be delivered as intended.

I ask that everyone be patient with their orders such that we make a short term sacrifice (maybe waiting extra days for our orders) in the service of a longer term gain (faster technology for faster order processing).

17 Likes

Yes, we employed multiple machines in the past, but that was causing some serious logistical issues. We’re moving back to that infrastructure, but we want a more stable version of the Q software before rolling it out like that again.

10 Likes

Thanks for stating that.

So everyone I see that it’s at 10 likes.

The irony or paradox is that by being patient for the changes in the infrastructure to take place, we will have much quicker fulfillment of what we want. That is by delaying gratification for a time, we will be having much quicker gratification of our desires in the near future.

I’m glad you read what I said, and thank you for showing your support!

2 Likes

Hi @SaintSovereign

Please check your DMs

I just saw that there is a ticket message system on the custom shop.
Didn’t know this before today, so if you are having issues related to custom
that is not asking advice on custom design I suggest you use the ticket function at the custom shop.

Maybe everyone else knows this and I am late the game-but I thought I post that here for anyone who didn’t lol

3 Likes

This might be a whole 'nother topic unto itself, but physically, yes.

Let’s get a bit of related background out of the way first: I know there are some users here that are also into making music, and for all of you that don’t, there’s a truism in mixing that says that if you make your mix sound good in mono, it will sound good in stereo. Addendum to this, if you make your mix sound good on a cheap speaker with little to no bass, it will translate really well on any system.

Now subliminal tracks are not music per se, where instrument placement and mono compatibility play a major role - but here’s one thing that mixing on a crappy, single-midrange-driver mono speaker has taught me:
It’s about the single membrane.

If you mix on a speaker that only does bass-midrange, or mid-high, with no tweeters, no ported bass, no need to monitor crossover frequencies, then at any moment, the driver translates information into air pressure that drives one single membrane.

So if you have a bass hit, a cymbal, a piano, a strings section, a vocal all playing at the same time and you take a tiny snapshot of what’s actually coming out of that speaker at any given point in time, something will have to give. One membrane cannot accurately reproduce all of this frequency information all at the same time. It’s one reason why bass is notoriously tricky to get ‘right’ in a mix, because it eats away so much headroom for the information higher up in the frequencies: strong bass is what makes the membrane wobble like crazy - try stuffing extra information into something in such an excited state!
(That’s why you want to sidechain the bass to the initial transient of the bassdrum, snare drum, etc, which is a digression. We really shouldn’t sidechain subs to our music.)

OK, recap: you can only put so much information through one single membrane at any point in time. I believe, and I’ll be happy to be corrected, that when the manual says that “it is OK to listen to music or watch videos while also listening to subs”, what is being meant is - “it’s OK to have one set of speakers play back the subs at a volume that is comfortable to you, while also watching TV and listening to its soundtrack over the TV speakers or a secondary Hi-Fi system that the TV is hooked up to.”

Extending this thought, apply the physical-one-membrane-model to listening to subs on your phone speaker. Imagine the tiny driver and take into account the seriously limited frequency response of that thing, crammed into a crowded chassis. (I’m seeing a lot of density of information in the low-mid range of a typical, masked SC sub, which a phone driver is optimized for - think human voice, it is a phone after all :wink: ) Now imagine playing back music over this overworked little driver at the same time that you are playing back the sub.

(This is why cheap earbuds are not recommended - they cannot translate the information accurately with tiny drivers mass-manufactured for the biggest possible profit margin on a $5 item.)

Now, let’s consider the other single-membrane player in this equation: your ear drum.
You can follow a conversation, have “half an ear” on the TV and be quite aware of your favourite song playing on the stereo all at the same time; your ear is actually quite fantastic at high-res.
(Consider that you can fool your eyes into seeing smooth motion with only 25 frames per second, but how incredibly more sensitive your ears are at detecting skew and flutter, and how even 44.100 samples per second are not high-resolution enough to fool some trained ears :astonished:)

Plus, there’s an undeniable upside of distracting your conscious mind with something pleasant like your favourite audible playlist, while slipping the subs in through the back door at the same time.

Just, whenever you think about playing subs back over less-than-stellar delivery vectors: keep the single membrane idea in the back of your mind, and you’ll make a useful decision :wink:
(Not actually directed at you personally, @Introvert_Uli06 - it’s been a post that’s been burning on my fingertips for the longest time.)

9 Likes

Your post rewards careful reading.

When I first saw this:

It’s about the single membrane.

I almost ignored it completely. hahhaa. Why? Because that line, bolded, seemed like something that a madman stuck on a deserted island might scrawl on the side of an empty orange juice carton.

That’s not really a shot at you. I, myself, am an actual scrawling madman (as is occasionally pointed out).

"Very pleased to make your acquaintance."

As I read more closely, I saw that you were not simply being metaphorical. Rather your point came from a more in-depth understanding than mine of how large speakers and headphone speakers produce sounds. You were literally talking about the vibrating surface of the speaker (i.e., the membrane).

Then my thought changed to:

Good lord!! He is right!

All of which just made me realize that I want to re-read your post 2 or 3 times.

3 Likes

oh, I’m a little Quantum Limitless and Alchemist drunk right now. Hence the previous post.

I do think that, in spite of the accuracy of what you described, the same headphone speakers can accommodate music and subliminals at the same time.

I think that it’s kind of for the exact same reasons that you point out.

Ultima tracks, due to their sensitive nature can be distorted or not fully conveyed if listened to on cheap headphones. But I think that for the vast majority of subliminals that we use here, this might not actually be the case.

So you are saying that even with high end headphones, one should not listen to music playing (in the same headphones) while listening to subs?

the single membrane will not be able to reproduce all that information in precision like without listening to music?

No, if that were true, you’d only ever hear one frequency at a time from music even. It’s fine to listen to both on the same headphone.

3 Likes