Has your music taste changed?

Has anyone seen their music taste change since they started running subs? After a couple of years on Emperor, I just realized that I can’t listen to most R&B music anymore. I just can’t listen to those guys beg women for 3 or 4 minutes straight! :rofl:
From being a 90s R&B music aficionado, I now call it “simp music”. Something feels organically wrong in listening to a grown man sing : “Baby, baby, please. Don’t leave. I’ll give my life for you!”. :joy:

7 Likes

It’s most probably the actual lyrics that’s getting picked up as beta by your mind.

2 Likes

Actually started to happen to me a couple of years back. But now as you mention it, one year of subs and everytime I hear music I’m instantly aware of the lyrics and the impact it has on me.

Some songs may have a catchy beat to them, but if the lyrics are negative and sends out a vibe of “hey look at me, I’m the victim here” I just can’t stand it and remove myself from it’s influence.

Everything around us is some sort of subliminal message, and that applies to music as well. It’s like the beat is what puts you into the an altered state, and then the lyrics is the actual programming.

Just throwing it out there, but think about all the movies you have grown up watching… I’ve realized how much BS I have programmed my brain with in front of the TV screen.

7 Likes

It has been awhile since i read a Dragon Reborn journal but judging by the sales page, I suspect that running DR would cause one’s entertainment media tastes to shift to some degree.

2 Likes

It has definitely done that for me.

2 Likes

For me personally I feel that songs that used to make me feel in a certain way, usually does not anymore, and especially low mood and sad songs.

I have a full run through on DR, and I suspect that a lot of those old negative feelings are no longer connected to the intellectual part of the memory anymore.

3 Likes

Usually, when you use a specific product, various tendencies change.

For example, you choose a new identity in all aspects, including character selection in the game, music selection, food selection, and movie selection. The same goes for photo preferences. When I ran the emperor, I preferred quite powerful photographs.

Also, the songs we listen to and sing have a great influence on our lives. So when I sing songs, I prefer songs that write down the life I want. There is a result that singers also live similar lives to the songs they sing a lot.

1 Like

I used to be into music hardcore, but since using SubClub subs I realized that I was hiding behind music. Now I don’t listen as much while at the same time I’m open to other genres. More of a Hip Hop guy.

2 Likes

I prefer the old jams of the 80s and 90s. The lyrics is much more healthier than today’s new generation music.

3 Likes

I definitely lost a lot of patience for more cookie cutter stuff. I noticed I’m more selective in what takes up my listening time. Having said that I think my appreciation for more washed out dreamy type music grew a lot more. Bands like Slowdive I appreciate a lot for doing their own thing. I just really like more authentic musicians and bands, I guess because that’s what I want out of my own music too.

1 Like

I know who The Whispers are :rofl:

1 Like

I found a great appreciation for classic rock when I first began to use these subs. I never use to have this appreciation before. Learning to fly is still one of my favorite songs a year later. That song still feels like an experience to me.

I develop a better ear for music whenever I run Renaissance Man. I’m able to feel the music more than usual and my body moves to the feeling and the beat of the music perfectly.

Heartsong manifested many songs into my life that were an expression of the emotions brought on by the current life experiences I was going through. Sometimes the songs got manifested as I was right in the middle of the experience. The lyrics would express my experience and the song would capture the feelings that I was experiencing. It was a really unique experience.

2 Likes

Interesting thought. In my case, it hasn’t, but then I’ve always been into classic rock, jazz, etc. I have noticed that my tolerance for whiny lyrics has greatly diminished. Just can’t stand it anymore.

I used to looooove this song. Now when these guys start singing their whiny lyrics, I just think : “Dude! Shut the f… up!”

I use to listen to alot of romantic songs but to much much lesser degree now.

A wise fellow one told me whatever you feed to you subconscious mind she starts to believe it overtime.
The subconscious is like a kid that explores everything both good or bad , she accepts it like sponge. If one keep on feeding her every day and hour with shit or crap she starts to believe it .
Before I listen to Nicki Minaj, pop smoke,lil Wayne, quavo and the rest of this shitty American musicians but now I don’t have a single songs about them in my phone ,I no more listen to songs that promote sex , women, pleasure or vanity. I barely even listen to songs.

The worst case is whenever I see my friends playing it out loud with speakers I feel like strangling them , it’s pains me , sometimes I use my earpiece to wave it off my listening to sofffegio frequencies.