Good earbuds? What do you recommend

Hello, looking to buy some earbuds for the future use of subliminal club. What can you recommend me? Are the Apple Airpods Pro good enough? Since it’s Black Friday, I can get them way cheaper. However, if there are any better, let me know. Thanks in advance!

I don’t know about earbuds, but I just got Beyerdynamics’ DT770 32 Ohm, and they’re fantastic. It was a close call between the SubClub-certified Sennheiser HD 280 Pro and DT770. I chose the DT770, and I’m glad I did. The cups over the ears protect from outside noise without using noise-cancelling technology. They’re definitely the best headphones I’ve used.

1 Like

Haha, when in doubt, always choose the middle. Sounds like a good pair of headphones, but I already have 200$ ones, and I’m tired already of them. I want to try new things. I shouldn’t worry too much about the price, however, there’s no way I’m going to pay 1000$ for a pair of earbuds, lol.

I would skip brand name ones and choose studio-oriented ones. It’s a lot more value for the money. For instance, the headphones I got have better sound than $300 brand-name ones, in most cases. Try to find ones that have a neutral, flat frequency response, and are used for referencing. Then you can apply EQ from, for example GitHub - jaakkopasanen/AutoEq: Automatic headphone equalization from frequency responses. They’re based on professional measurements. I applied the profile for my headphones and it made a big difference. The sound is fantastic now, though it was before too. If you use their suggested preamp setting, EQ does not impact the quality of sound in any way (except making it better due to the increased neutrality).

Did you read that note from Saint?

2 Likes

I did, but is this still up to date?

1 Like

I dont know. Only Saint knows. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, he still uses regular AirPods to listen to his subs.

Alright, thanks. Which one of them should I buy, Airpods pro or airpods pro 2? It’s worth paying extra for pro 2?

I never had Pro’s since I don’t like headphones with the silicone tip, so I can’t say which is better

1 Like

Here is a good overview:

If the extra cost is not an issue, I would buy the pro2.

1 Like

Thank you for taking from your time. Airpods pro 2 will be then.

1 Like

Me too, I buy foam tips for my AirPods Pros. They seal better and are more comfortable. They will not last forever though, I replaced mine every 4-6 months.

1 Like