Food or Fasting on Recon?

sorry I didn’t know how sharing links works lol. And I just realized that most of my journal is from December. Keto and fasting (if fat adapted) seem to help more with recon rather than the actual results, that’s the conclusion I’m getting from re-reading my posts.

So here are some of the best posts

The greatest results are from me being consistent with core subs, Stark and HOM

It seems to me that the biggest problems with this is resetting brain’s weight set point. And to do that, you need to keep maintaining the same weight for a good while.

Also, “within the same year” - how many months was that? Because it’s very well possible that you’ve been eating less than healthy and gained because of that. By less than healthy, I’m mostly talking about seed oils and PUFA because they seem to play a crucial role in gaining weight. Depleting PUFA from fat tissues is a long process and unless the PUFA intake is controlled, regaining weight is inevitable

Yeah that’s actually one of my concern. My setpoint is around 22% BF at the moment. Currently cutting on keto for the past month, but I’m not exactly sure how long I have to stay at let’s say, 12% BF for my body to adapt to it rather than being hungry all the time.

1 Like

I’d think that 1-2 months of maintaining would suffice. Also make sure to avoid PUFA once you are off the diet and maybe eat more saturated fat, that should keep you lean. As long as you don’t slide into torpor by eating PUFA, you really shouldn’t be gaining fat.

1 Like

Most people who practice the keto diet view it as a quick weight loss tool or a way to gain muscle mass. A keto diet is low in carbohydrates, meaning the brain will use ketone bodies as an energy (fuel) source rather than glucose (blood sugar). In the absence of glucose, the body burns fat and produces ketones, once ketone levels in the blood increase, the body puts you in a state of ketosis—leading to quick and consistent weight loss until you reach a healthy body weight. This is possible if there isn’t much temptation at the background.

The newest is the Metabolism Makeover.

But either way fasting, keto or meta… it really doesn’t matter if you had an eating mindset which is bad.

Listen to LBFH or Love Bomb instead.

I’m also using DR stage 1.

When you’re at peace with your body you are more likely to become attracted with healthy foods.

Mens sana in corpore sano
a healthy mind in a healthy body

Yeah PUFA are toxic af

It’s funny but with carbs I was basically gaining fat and not building muscle even in a caloric surplus… Now I’m in keto, in a deficit and I’m building solid muscle hahaha. Nothing makes sense!

2 Likes

You may have have not achieved ketosis or there could be other factors.

Nono I’m 100% sure I’m in ketosis, I’m craving high fat food, my saliva was tasting wierd for a moment (confirmed by my girl), I can go on without eating for a long time.

Most days I’m below 15g carbs, sometime I go up to 25 max.

Doing cardio and weight lifting.

It’s just wierd. The factor in play here is probably that I still had muscle to build to get back to my max muscle size back in the days. But it still doesn’t explain why I wasn’t building muscle on my caloric surplus with carbs!

Can you share what exactly you are doing?

It sounds very interesting

1 Like

You doing keto or carnivore?

Keto, I est shit tons of meat, but I’m also eating nits and few veggies.

Do you eat until you are full or a certain amount of calories? When i did carnivore i felt amazing but i lost too much weight and couldn’t gain any muscle, i ate 1kg of ribeye steak a day and it still wasn’t enough

Edit: maybe i shouldn’t hijack the thread, can i talk to you in private? I would appreciate your help

I hit my macro bro. You can send me PM if you have specific questions.

I would just each a lot of blueberries and that helped.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing