Custom Suggestions-Private Equity Business Development

Hey amazing community.

I have been running EOG stage 1, Emperor, and swapping HOM and True Sell every cycle.

I’m going into a pure business development/fundraising role in private equity

The role will include the following

• Sourcing (finding, reaching out, meeting, generating interest and commitment )the best investors, R.I.A, endowments, firms for capital

• Sourcing the best companies and decision making personal (founder, CEO etc) that fit our investment criteria and mandate

• Investment companies don’t typically market- but we will do marketing in the sense of campaigns of content and engagement, events, curated dinners/breakfasts, social media posting both. We have a unique bent outside of pure investing this content will relate to. Way of engaging current, prospective, and new investor ongoingly that offer value and interest

• ‘Selling’ the Fund, our direct deals and co-investments, our company thesis and mission where ever needed.

• Understanding patterns and connections between everything I am looking at to connect persons across the eco-system in a way that generates reciprocal value

• Assessing, understanding, and predicting, performance of companies, and investors in my selection and connection process

• Continually negotiating out base income, contract income, bonus, upside as I produce results to the point where I am getting a % of IRR, % etc

• Learning best practices, new ways of doing any of the above.

I am creating a custom that address this

So far for Cores I am going with

Emperor HOM and True Sell.

I was considering adding RICH/Commander but three cores is said to be ‘iffy’ in ZP

Thoughts on these cores/ permutations for this custom ?

What modules would you suggest
Thoughts on modules? (I have a sense but want to see what people offer first)

I will run this custom alongside Emperor and EOG and then run it alongside the Khan Stages and a paragon/EF custom

4 Likes

Looking for a tight 10-15 module custom? Or do you want the full 20?

Are you looking for suggestions on cores? Is that flexible, or firm?

And I guess final question, what do you really think’s holding you back from this? Are you mainly looking for internal changes so that you can succeed in this role through improving your strength/character? Or are you looking for more social/status modules so that you can control the external world with this custom?

Either 10 for a tight one or all out 20

This is flexible and open to suggestions

Great questions
all of it
I’ve worked in the shadows and through leveraging other people
representing myself without the usual credentials has me fear getting it wrong, not knowing enough, and not being able to do the job fully-especially if I am the representative.

It requires intelligence, fearlessness, savvy and effectiveness, relationship building, manifestation, self presentation and influence etc.

I’ll recommend off a 10, and if any speak to you, add it to that.

My ideal module # is 11-14. Ideally 12 exactly. Seems to suit me.

These are all suggestions to look into, not a definitive list. Just brainstorming some avenues at this stage.

So…

Love Bomb/Commander Cores as supplemental stacks.

Both have been great for sales for me. Especially commander right now. On a hot sales streak with LE + Commander.

Leader of Men and/orAlpha of Alpha

For status/authority internally. Feel confident no matter where you go.

Earthshaker Authority or Approachability Aura

Exude status or friendliness depending on what you need.

Achilles Heel

Personally, it will help you learn the role. Since you say fear have a fear of getting it wrong, not knowing enough, and not being able to do the job. It could get others to want to help you learn the job quickly. On top of that, not knowing your own weaknesses and improving them is a costly mistake.

But also, Achilles Heel (designed to get you good at getting/asking for/receiving help) could be powerful in getting OTHERS to help you of their own volition. By others, I mean your clients, your prospects, the assistant of the high-powered CEO you’re trying to get a hold of. A module designed to get others to want to invest time and energy into to help you succeed, combined with the fact that it’ll help you learn the job quickly and with mentors, is powerful.

Call Of Honor

If you’re looking for that type of an outwards presentation.

Divine Self Image

Sales is the transfer of confidence. Nothing more.

Inner Voice

Added this into a custom recently and it’s powerful. A voice telling you the right thing to do. When you’re tired, your mindset becomes “one more, one more.” When good things happen, you reward yourself. When bad things happen, you talk yourself to a solution.

Might be helpful with it being a new job, and needing ideas and inspiration on how to “close” deals. I have definitely had at least one experience where something I said on a sales call popped up out of nowhere, and I think it came from Inner Voice.

Though this module is more for confidence and mindset than sales.

Unlimiter

“Unlimiter will remove all limitations you have, be they of your own making, or forced upon you by others. This will also extend to learning new skills, where you will feel immediate satisfaction whenever you break plateaus.”

Sounds like a great module for entering a new job.

Achilles and/or Victory’s Call

Awesome if you resonate with either module’s goal (procrastination/avoidance.)

Especially good because since there’s no healing, only using internal resources, it won’t create healing-induced recon, so you’ll be in action taking mode.

Fenrir

100% need Fenrir. Almost a must. Read Friday’s post on why it’s his all time favorite module. PERFECT for your needs.

Informaticon

Find the information you need on the companies you’re looking up. Find the information you need on learning best practices/new ways of doing things. Find information lists on personnel you’re trying to contact.

The Lines/The Streams

Hold multiple thoughts at the same time, be better able to do multiple analyses simultaneously, be able to think analytically while holding a conversation socially simultaneously.

Some sort of manifestation module

Something to enhance manifestation, since HOM has lots of manifestation in it already. Gut instinct says go with Dominion, but any would do.

Dragon Tongue

Increase selling capabilities to insanely high levels combined with HOM and True Sell

Lifeblood Fable

Another one that’s almost 100% necessary. Reputation is going to be huge. That’s, at the end of the day, why people will invest in your fund.

4 Likes

Amazing, thank you

Commander and/or Love Bomb together as cores instead of HOM/True Sell?

Absolutely love the modules suggestions

@Billions thanks and appreciation

I forgot to delete that. I didn’t want to distract from HOM/true sell

They’re both fascinating ideas but I think true sell and HOM are perfect for this role.

Consider stacking them separately on occasion to test results

2 Likes