About new forum participants disrupting

I do appreciate people for stepping in and stepping up to preserve and enforce our community standards, as a way of taking ownership for this forum. To me, that gratitude is absolute.

Please keep in mind, there is a good point between someone who is stepping out of line and someone who might be here for other reasons. Please read this link:

If someone new shows up, and soon there after becomes confrontational, hostile, or otherwise negative, please flag the post and just go to another thread.

However tempting it might be to intervene, please just flag it. I hope this can be a new standard we all attend to.

Again for those of you who are self-monitoring, as well as stepping in to remind people of the community standards, I thank you and feel very grateful.

33 Likes

Excellent. Wouldn’t mind following this protocol at all. Will save our time and energy.

Whoever comes across that thread first can flag it and even post the link to this thread so that other forum members (especially new ones) will know of this protocol and avoid “engaging the enemy”

8 Likes

He said it.

3 Likes

Although the time it happened, replying to that thread was a good distraction for my recon. It actually improved my mood lol.

But am sure there are better ways to handling recon. Like writing down my thoughts next time. On my own journal :grin:

1 Like

One thing that I might suggest for anyone who reads this and wants to help.

Save this comment and then any time you see a new person posting something disruptive, literally Quote this article.

Don’t respond to anything in the post just make a one line quote like what I’ll do below, and then just leave it, so that whenever someone sees that particular thread before it gets locked, this comment is front and centre for them

2 Likes

Just silence

4 Likes

Replying to him was a mostly detached affair, so I got good out of it too from a certain perspective

:grin:

Look at us, looking at the bright side of thunderclouds.

1 Like

Its important we be the eyes and ears of the community and not engage with the enemy.

Do not engage with the enemy each time you engage you throw wood on the fire and the fire burns more fiercely. These [Moderator Edit: Please do not negatively label even people who try to disrupt our community] feed off your responses and create chaos. By creating chaos they divide and conquer the community breaking unity amongst members.

Please report any suspicious anomalies directly to either Saint or Fire.

@RVconsultant i am sorry but i have to label these people. They serve no purpose but to cause havoc.

1 Like

I recommend reading The Art of War

7 Likes

Acknowledged. :heart_eyes:

“I recommend Art of War”
~Sun Tzu and Friday

2 Likes

Whats this nonsense ? :grinning:

1 Like