JCast Journey šŸ¤˜

Running Executive for one loop at the moment. May run a second loop if Iā€™m still feeling sluggish afterwards

2 Likes

Iā€™ve run two loops of Executive. I will run my other loops here in a while after I complete job related tasks

2 Likes

You canā€™t go wrong with them.

1 Like

This is a holdover from before Q existed. It hasnā€™t been a useful metric since then, to be honest.

I was wondering this too.

@Sub.Zero you seem to be a bit of an archivist or librarianā€¦ do you know where this 300 to 500 recommendation came from?

A few years ago I got into listening to a podcast that featured a bunch of comedians playing dungeons and dragons. A warrior character that one of the comedians played was named ā€œAmon Amarthā€.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.earwolf.com/post/41867648715/amp

1 Like

Know what? I think Iā€™ll try it again after my rest day. Thanks for the push my friend.

1 Like

@dorfmeister I see Brian Posehn ( Amon Amarth) is part of it. Guy is a huge metalhead.

1 Like

Currently running a second loop of Dragon Fire. I ran two loops today of Executive earlier. Iā€™m going to run two loops each of EOG Stage One and Mogul before the end the day

1 Like

300 hours per stage was established for pre-Q technology byā€¦ who knows who.
I advocate the idea of enough instead and setting a time frame only as a reference point when you can sum up your progress and decide what to do next.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t have said it better myself

1 Like

Running one last loop of Mogul and then a loop of EOG Stage One, and off to bed.

3 Likes

Last day of listening before two days off. Looks like I will have to wait until Tuesday before I can purchase and run R.I.C.H.
Running Mogul at the moment.

5 Likes

Understood.

The best as I can determine, the earliest reference was Amash. However, I donā€™t know how he determined this. I didnā€™t see @SaintSovereign or @Fire state any 300 or 500 hour rule.

I ran two loops of Mogul and now I am working on two loops of EOG Stage One. After that I will take a break then run Executive and then two loops of Dragon Fire before bed tonight.

4 Likes

Yes, they didnā€™t. I think it all came from the old company which suggested at least 8 hours per day and 32 days per stage. But again, 300 hours was for pre-Q. Q is much stronger and faster.

I suppose the only thing we could discuss in here is whether itā€™s better to run say 300h of EmperorQ within one month (10h/day) or within 100 days (3h/day). So, to me, the answer is; it depends on how much programming per day you can handle, how much action you can (or youā€™re willing to) take while on the sub (action towards the goals of the sub) and, of course, what results would be satisfactory to you.

All of us can determine individually how much we can handle so thereā€™s nothing more to discuss in that matter. The same if it comes to what we deem as ā€œsatisfactory resultsā€ (our enough), each of us can determine it individually.

If it comes to taking action, for healing subs or subs like Alchemist and QL the level of action that ā€œshouldā€ be taken is fairly low (or just easier to take) but to attain the goals set by EmperorQ you have to ā€œexerciseā€ yourself a lot and it (usually) takes more time. Following our example, I think, one can run say DR like I do (if one can handle it, that is) 16h/day but if one expects that running Emperor 16h/day for a month or two will help them attain all its goals the one is very mistaken unless one has already built strong foundations and oneā€™s circumstance are really favourable. In a nutshell, the axis of it is taking action like @Simon advocates and one should also determine oneā€™s enough if it comes to oneā€™s results oneā€™s sub supports the one to attain. The latter is fairly easy to determine, the former is a real challenge Simon could tell us more about like he has done a lot of times if he would be so kind. :slight_smile:

Sorry @James

2 Likes

These are good thoughts, and might be true.

What do you eat and what supplements do you takeā€¦ I think Iā€™m almost in awe of ā€¦ whatever it is that allows you to listen to all that!:grin:

@Sub.Zero Are you still in the Philippines? If so if you get the opportunity you should check out Arnis/Kali/Eskrima. Great martial art

2 Likes

It might be about taking Choline which strengthens you brain power or just about the fact Iā€™ve been using subs for six years. Or maybe Iā€™m just:
giphy

1 Like

Iā€™ve never been to the Philippines I met that Filipina in Vietnam. Iā€™m in Thailand now. :heart_eyes:

1 Like